Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hobbypartz.com???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Ironsidestarion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbypartz.com???

Hobbypartz.com, When do they have stock to order from? Everytime I look for batterys, ECS etc they are out of stock.
They have great prices but nothing to sell... Are they still in buisness?

thanks Perry
Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
big JC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobbypartz.com???

What are you looking for exactly? Funshobby, valuehobby, nitrorc, epbuddy etc all the carry the same (or better) stuff for the same or better prices
Old 03-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Ironsidestarion

Thanks Big JC, I'm getting back into the hobby and just bought a Losi 22 buggy roller. I need tires, batterys, radio, ESC, charger.
I'm kinda open for suggestions on equipment. I've been out of the hobby for over 10 years. I plan on racing again so I don't want bottom of the shelf equipment but don't need top of line either.

thanks for the quick reply.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:50 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

That seems to be their MO. Put on/advertise these sales on items with very low or no stock and their shipping is usually very high. I ordered from them once for batteries on sale but have since found better sources with as good/better products and better shipping  as mentioned like valuehobby, 
Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
big JC

Well, you probably found everything you were looking for from the sites mentioned. Here is some other quality stuff at a value

esc http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/

batteries-  these are the best value lipo's I have used, quality cells, packs built in the usa with a 6 month warranty, noticeably out perform other valuepacks I have tried http://viciousteknology.com/ .  The epbuddy  glacier packs are the same as gens ace that hobbypartz sells

tires- ebay is probably your best bet there

charger- thunder ac6 or 680

radio- flysky gt3c or b

Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ironsidestarion

Hobbypartz.com, When do they have stock to order from? Everytime I look for batterys, ECS etc they are out of stock.
They have great prices but nothing to sell... Are they still in buisness?

thanks Perry
ya their stocking usually sucks...
They used to be better, but in all honesty they are one site out of like 4-5 that sell stuff for the same place with sites marketed at different individuals(Hobbypartz generic parts for all vehicles, NitroRCX aimed at ground based, Xheli & nitroplanes for flyboys, raidentech another general with weirder things flung in, and probably a few more) . one weird thing is even though all the sites are owned by the same place the prices sometimes fluctuate by a few bucks(but the stock never does if its out on one its out on all)
I don't think its that they get low stock just they are the cheapest place, and one of the only places for certain things with the stuff so they sell out of it insanely fast, and they have too many things to stock.

Hobby king is good for batteries they own their own battery plant longest I waited on a back ordered battery was 2 weeks for it to be in stock (I was like the 900th person waiting)
I just don't trust their ESC's their radios are flyskys.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Ironsidestarion

Thanks for the replys. I appreiciated all the quick responses, I need to check these sites.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I'm frequently annoyed with HPz's lack of stock.  Thanks for the leads on ValueHobby.  Bookmarked it.
What do you think of the Gforce battery packs?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do a google search on value hobby, they don't seem to get very good reviews from folks on product quality or their return policy. Do your research first.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 AM
big JC

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

Yeah, I'm frequently annoyed with HPz's lack of stock. Thanks for the leads on ValueHobby. Bookmarked it.
What do you think of the Gforce battery packs?
I have a gforce pack. Works fine, balances etc, good packs for the money.