Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Castle Link issues w/ MMax

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:43 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castle Link issues w/ MMax

Did some searching and could not find anything posted here so, here I am.

Doing some tinkering with the old ladys Blitz, she has been having troubles getting full power to ANY steering servo, and the truck barely turns. So, let's start with checking free stuff, right? Right. So let's see if something got set out of whack on the internal BEC before pointing to the BEC itself as the culprit and getting an external. Well I go to Link up the Mamba Max ESC (older one, green heat sinks, 3 caps, etc) and it does not seem to register. The "USB connection status" indicator on screen is green but the "Device connection status" stays red.

I am hooking it up using the card, and throttle cable, the same way I did with my Slash's MMP SCTE. Is this wrong for this ESC? Should it be plugged directly to the USB on the side of the ESC? I would try this without asking, but the location of the ESC would make that a real pain, and therefore not worth the effort unless it is going to work.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Default RE: Castle Link issues w/ MMax

Nobody, eh?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you're using the programming card as the Link interface, not the Castle Link Dongle?
Are you using the latest version of Castle Link software?
(This may be moot, but) Have you tried asking Castle directly?  (My experience with them was no answers, no contact = useless)
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Yea, the help I recieved was about the same. And yes, I am using the card, I'll be trying it the other way sometime this week when I have the time.