Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

where is everyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:35 PM
rc18junky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is everyone

It been a year since I been at this site but I remember there were a lot more members what happen ?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: where is everyone

They got girlfriends? J/k
Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it became winter?

will say a few regulars did leave.
Also with the lack of new things(new shell on the same old chassis's don't count as new) its seems to have died out big time as there isn't really anything to talk about

Final thing is Traxxas hasn't released or announced anything completely idiotic(in price) for us to make fun of recently
Old 04-02-2013, 09:29 PM
crash118s

Final thing is Traxxas hasn't released or announced anything completely idiotic(in price) for us to make fun of recently
lol
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Foxy

We lost a lot of members due to software problems over the years as well. We're waiting for a big software upgrade for quite some time. Hope it comes soon.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah RCU is slower than a couple years ago, but I think we're doing ok. We need to regain a certain level of relevance in the hobby though, we're a bit of a dinosaur in some ways. This site has been an important factor in my experience in the hobby and that's why I feel great being able to be of service.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

We lost a lot of members due to software problems over the years as well. We're waiting for a big software upgrade for quite some time. Hope it comes soon.
yea the one time we had month long wit very sporadic ability to post (like had to submit a post 50+ times to get it to go) we lost a lot of long time members
Old 04-03-2013, 05:51 AM
redfisher1974

No one cares about our happiness [&o]
Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

this is my home forum!im a member in a lot of rc forums but this was my first rc forum..i do feel that traffic is slow..it takes time for members to answer questions..even the "GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND" replies are gone!hehe
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM
sparky 25

Well lads I'm taking a step back from rc myself,

Simple fact is that I keep adding to my rc collection and have zero free time to run them,

Selling my turnigy shortcourse,
Savage flux Hp ,
Savage xs ss,
Brushless rovan 4x4 monster truck,
Lipos, chargers and all the little items I've gathered over the years,

Time for me to settle a bit,
might buy myself something with a 6 or 8 cylinder engine rwd and classic to keep me tinkering,

Might sound weird but I'd like an 80s camaro iroc-z just to take for a cruise if I get any free time at the weekends.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: sparky 25
Might sound weird but I'd like an 80s camaro iroc-z just to take for a cruise if I get any free time at the weekends.
People are going to be looking at you driving a Camaro around Derry..that is for sure.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

learned to drive on a mid 80s iroc (back when I was like 12 lol)

sparky know what ya mean I've not had much free time to run anything in awhile, and actually not bought a RC in ages. Or its the few times I do have free time the weather doesn't cooperate with me... I've also contemplated selling some, but outside my 1/8th scale truggy I don't really thing I'd want to part with any, and even the truggy I don't really want to sell lol
Old 04-05-2013, 01:33 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I can relate to why some of the past members have gone by the wayside.  Life changes and so do your priorities.  When I first started here on RCU I spend a couple of hours a day on the forums.  Now I might log in for a few minutes twice a week.  People get older, they probably get busy with careers and family so leisure activities have to get put on hold for a while.

I have other things going on and I notice that I don't spend as much time with RC stuff as I would like; this includes time on the forums.  I'm in the process of selling things I don't use anymore; and not to replace it with new stuff either.  I'm just downsizing.  Such is life.

But I have noticed several new names show up in the past several months so I guess it's kind of a cycle.  An older generation retires and the new generation comes in.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM
ejc34710

I hang out here quite often, but, that may change. I'm considering selling every bit of my rc stuff. There just isn't enough time. There are lots of other things i like to do, and with limited resources ($), i find most of my free money goes to fixing my rc stuff. Right now i need fuel, tires and rims for my XS and MT2, couple oddball things to get a couple planes airworthy again, and more. I should be spending the money on my Dune Buggy, its been in the process of being restored for almost a decade now and i am growing tired of staring at it. Too many RCs are a money and time pit.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:51 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

I'm still here lol, Ive been more into planes lately so Im in the plane section more often.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

I think I can relate to why some of the past members have gone by the wayside.
Life changes and so do your priorities. When I first started here on RCU I spend a couple of hours a day on the forums. Now I might log in for a few minutes twice a week. People get older, they probably get busy with careers and family so leisure activities have to get put on hold for a while.

I have other things going on and I notice that I don't spend as much time with RC stuff as I would like; this includes time on the forums. I'm in the process of selling things I don't use anymore; and not to replace it with new stuff either. I'm just downsizing. Such is life.

But I have noticed several new names show up in the past several months so I guess it's kind of a cycle. An older generation retires and the new generation comes in.
True no one is saying otherwise about that, but we had a HUGE drop off I'd say 70% of the regulars in a single month when we had major issues, and a month or so later we had issues for over 2-3 months that even more left till it was only a handful of us left . Seriously you have no idea how busy this forum was we would literally have 40 ppl logged in at the top at any given time where as I look now its 4. Even the deadest board at the time (the nitro ST forum) on its off days was busier than this on some days.
As for how many posts there were if you walked away for an hour at least half the 1st pages posts would have replies.
The HPI MT board also used to be insanely popular which died off at the same time. I mean we had some serious Savage nuts posting like one guy named budbud who was the savage guru as he literally owned over 15 nitro savages(I think it was 25), and would be on all the time to help people as much as possible he had one in every configuration you could imagine(hell he would even on rare occasion send ppl free parts if they were having issues) last time he posted was over 2 years ago when we had the big RCU crash

Honestly though I thought we were going to have another crap out as the servers were giving me similar issues this morning logging in as back then
Old 04-09-2013, 09:55 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

well to further what I said I think these past 2 days of issues kind of shows how this site was for well over a month which is why we lost so many

Honestly I'm half tempted to just throw in the towel as its evident the ones who run the boards don't give a damn. Look at how often you can't even post a pic due to error 500's popping up after it uploads.
I know foxy keeps saying they are going to upgrade (well over a year) but at the rate they are going there won't be anyone here to upgrade them for
Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 AM
redfisher1974

I hear you, This sucks and no excuses will fix it.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Lars from Norway

I think i have to drag Facebook into this, i have noticed a very sudden drop in activity in different forums here in Norway, this is caused by different groups on FB with differents niches in rc. One for large scale, drifting, crawling, and so on. This also regards other types of forums. I have also noticed on this forum that the number of new replies has dropped with 80-100 pr day compared to a little year ago.

What they forget by using FB to discuss whatever they discuss, is that there is no way they can look up old "threads", the search function is totally crap. If there is any at all, i haven't checked.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

hmm know nothing really about facebook outside what I read that the company pulls off tech sites as I've never used it, refuse to use it for privacy concerns, and see no point in its existence actually(I feel the same way about the other sites that are similar too like myspace)

so for someone like me forums are kinda mandatory
Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 PM
redfisher1974

I'm sure we will lose a lot more people this week, Have not even seen a mod on here this week
Old 04-09-2013, 02:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

I'm sure we will lose a lot more people this week, Have not even seen a mod on here this week
kinda hard when the boards seem to only have been working for 7 hours or so this week

hell I've only seen maybe 10 different people logged into the ground based forums total today
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM
redfisher1974

Only way I get on is clearing my cookies then logging on.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Ttowntoolman

Cant get on most of the time............keep getting errors, all day long it kept telling me Pardon or dust blah blah blah, under construction blah blah blah....server error. [:@]

I hear you SyCo, I never go to Facebook or Myspace because of Privacy concerns.

These type forums are all I got..........And I have learned to step back and read into things before I reply to anything. Don't wanna get flamed for having a different opinion. I find these forums priceless once you wade through all the crap! Sometimes I think that the crap is what brings out the best advice in the end though, ironically.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Foxy

When you get maintenance downtime of that kind of length, you know something's happening behind the scenes. FIngers crossed maybe this is finally the beginning of the end of the problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.