Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rc car 1:10

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:09 AM
solid_sneek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc car 1:10

Iv got this RC car it's a 1:10 scale ad wondered can I buy like new wheels for it and a new body? I know I can buy new pins like different colours? Also what's the best battery I can buy as mine lasts 15 mins full charge. 7.2 volt
solid_sneek
Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rc car 1:10

What make and model is that?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:09 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any 1/10th scale buggy tire should work, and rims it depends if it has a hex holding it on you can use HPI brama 10b(only good thing they had on that RC) rims as they come in various colors and in the US at least are pretty cheap

now battery is pretty generic it depends you will probably need a new charger as I'm guessing you are using the junk that came in the box.
I would recommend getting a lipo capable charger at least as they cost less than the NiMh only chargers, but can charge any type of battery.
Then it is up to you lipo batteries give superior run time, and are pretty cheap now, but need more precaution taken to use them.
NiMh's are still around, but cost a bit more than LiPo's, but you don't have to be as careful with them. The performance is also no where near a lipo
Old 04-17-2013, 07:14 AM
solid_sneek

Ch94107 pro 4wd buggy. Ready to run. With 7.2 volt battery
Old 04-17-2013, 07:16 AM
solid_sneek

Yeh I'm pretty new to all this Rc stuff had it bought as a gift, so I need basically a good battery charger and a lipo battery
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 AM
solid_sneek

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44572.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1872917  
Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a nice lookin' buggy.  Yer gonna have fun!  You didn't mention if the motor system is brushless or not, but I'm assuming it is.  What is the KV rating on the motor?  (KV in brushless motors means "RPM per Volt")  And can you tell us the length and weight of the car?   Most 4wd buggies are 1/8th scale and weigh in over 6lbs and therefore use motors in the 2200-3000KV range, consequently, people tend to run 3S (3-cell) LiPo packs.  In 1/10th scale off roaders, usually 2S (2-cell) LiPos.  If you can tell us more of these details it'll help us recommend a specific battery type.

There is another LiPo pack rating to be aware of:  The "C-rating".  This is an indicator of how much  current (amps) a pack can provide.  This is a concern because if the motor system draws more current than the battery can deliver, the battery will get hot, and heat is never a good thing.  Most of the really inexpensive LiPos are in the 20-25C range.  I run a 35A system in my 2wd off-roader, and those 25C packs tend to get pretty warm (95-100F).  My 40C packs only get to about 80-85F, and 50C packs don't even get warm.  So that means the 50C packs will have a longer life.

That said, a 50C-rated 2S (2-cell) 5000mAh (milli-amp-hour) will run you about $40 if you buy from places like HobbyPartz.com .  I like the Gens Ace brand.  Oh, and you DO want to get HARD CASE packs, not "soft-sided".  Note that these packs come with 5mm bullet-type connectors.  That battery connector on your car is a "Tamiya style" Molex connector and are absolute CRAP, barely good for NiMhs.  They will MELT under LiPo power.  Get some Traxxas connectors, or Deans and have someone who knows how to solder put them on.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:43 AM
solid_sneek

Haha dude that meant nothing. Iv used it already its fast night get some bodies and some new rims for it etc. It is brushless.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:43 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

That's a nice lookin' buggy. Yer gonna have fun! You didn't mention if the motor system is brushless or not, but I'm assuming it is. What is the KV rating on the motor? (KV in brushless motors means ''RPM per Volt'') And can you tell us the length and weight of the car? Most 4wd buggies are 1/8th scale and weigh in over 6lbs and therefore use motors in the 2200-3000KV range, consequently, people tend to run 3S (3-cell) LiPo packs. In 1/10th scale off roaders, usually 2S (2-cell) LiPos. If you can tell us more of these details it'll help us recommend a specific battery type.

There is another LiPo pack rating to be aware of: The ''C-rating''. This is an indicator of how much current (amps) a pack can provide. This is a concern because if the motor system draws more current than the battery can deliver, the battery will get hot, and heat is never a good thing. Most of the really inexpensive LiPos are in the 20-25C range. I run a 35A system in my 2wd off-roader, and those 25C packs tend to get pretty warm (95-100F). My 40C packs only get to about 80-85F, and 50C packs don't even get warm. So that means the 50C packs will have a longer life.

That said, a 50C-rated 2S (2-cell) 5000mAh (milli-amp-hour) will run you about $40 if you buy from places like HobbyPartz.com . I like the Gens Ace brand. Oh, and you DO want to get HARD CASE packs, not ''soft-sided''. Note that these packs come with 5mm bullet-type connectors. That battery connector on your car is a ''Tamiya style'' Molex connector and are absolute CRAP, barely good for NiMhs. They will MELT under LiPo power. Get some Traxxas connectors, or Deans and have someone who knows how to solder put them on.
its brushed look at the pic