Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cool new Tamiya kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 03:34 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cool new Tamiya kit

I'm amused by it and think it's one of the cooler "wheely" series vehicles I've seen.

Tower's product page

Old 04-20-2013, 03:41 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cool new Tamiya kit

It is pretty cool, Would prob sit on the shelf a lot tho....
Old 04-20-2013, 03:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yikes could almost get a hotshot for that price [:@]
now if it was like $100 maybe it would be cool
Old 04-20-2013, 04:36 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

With your luck it would ba as good as the Brama quality wise [&:]
Old 04-20-2013, 04:41 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

agreed. $100-$120 sure. Its a different chassis...but should ride like a lunchbox.
Probly be more like $150 on other sites.

Gotta give tamiya credit, they will make the wierdest designs. And they could have just made a tractor body for the lunch box chassis (follow traxxas lead) but no, they made a whole new chassis.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:49 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

you know the brama cost $200 when it came out(around when I got it), and still retails for $170 right?
A DF-02 in comparison is a lot cheaper at $130, and is 4wd

nitrosportsandrunner agree on tamiya loving to make new chassis's instead of recycling the same old tired designs I sure give them props for that, but their price point is kinda out there for what you get on a lot of things like the Avante which is almost $500 for the kit where you got RTR BL buggies, and truggies for less that could smoke it in all ways
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Dads like rc too

You know there's just something about building a Tamiya kit. It's what a lot of is started out on. I still remember building my Tamiya frog about 30 years ago. It was an amazing experience, and at the time was a serious mid level kit. True many of their models are meant to be admired more than utilized. Their attention to detail if you like to paint is second to none. I still remember my friends Wild Willys back in the early 80's. An amazing looking kit with one seriouslooking driver.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:55 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Lol
Old 04-21-2013, 02:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

You know there's just something about building a Tamiya kit. It's what a lot of is started out on. I still remember building my Tamiya frog about 30 years ago. It was an amazing experience, and at the time was a serious mid level kit. True many of their models are meant to be admired more than utilized. Their attention to detail if you like to paint is second to none. I still remember my friends Wild Willys back in the early 80's. An amazing looking kit with one seriouslooking driver.
I still remember the pain in my hands from 2 years ago when I built my hornet trying to get the rims in the damn tires....

actually I also remember the pain when I had to put the tires on my DF-02 too... Just thinking about that I've now come to the conclusion Tamiya tires suck if you have any arthritis in your hand lol Pretty sad if the most memorable part of the builds are how much your hands hurt getting the ****in tires on the rims [&:]

Will say the 3 I built were great kits, but those tires are so hard its not funny....
Old 04-21-2013, 03:29 PM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still remember the pain in my hands from 2 years ago when I built my hornet trying to get the rims in the damn tires....

actually I also remember the pain when I had to put the tires on my DF-02 too... Just thinking about that I've now come to the conclusion Tamiya tires suck if you have any arthritis in your hand lol Pretty sad if the most memorable part of the builds are how much your hands hurt getting the ****in tires on the rims [&:]

Will say the 3 I built were great kits, but those tires are so hard its not funny....
I think the tough tires are just their buggy tires. I've had no problems with any of their truck or onroad car tires. The rear tires on my brother's dt02, however, were a nightmare to change.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:34 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

I think the tough tires are just their buggy tires. I've had no problems with any of their truck or onroad car tires. The rear tires on my brother's dt02, however, were a nightmare to change.
well both things I listed were buggies so that may be true

Don't remember the tamiya TT01E tires, or rally tires I ordered being like that like you said
Old 04-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Lunchboxer

Not a whole new chassis. That's the WR-02 chassis that's been around since the introduction of Wild Willy 2.

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Gotta give tamiya credit, they will make the wierdest designs. And they could have just made a tractor body for the lunch box chassis (follow traxxas lead) but no, they made a whole new chassis.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM
pcarluvr

I kinda remember putting my Frog together all so long ago but I seem to remember that it's wheels and tires were kinda like beadlocks? Didn't you have to put the center in and bolt the wheels together from the outside? Or I'm thinking about something else...
Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would be sweet to get one and put a 1/8 BL system in it, new metal gears all around and make a street tractor lol
Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: pcarluvr

I kinda remember putting my Frog together all so long ago but I seem to remember that it's wheels and tires were kinda like beadlocks? Didn't you have to put the center in and bolt the wheels together from the outside? Or I'm thinking about something else...
on the hornet yea
getting those things in the center were a pain on the

DF-02 was a normal rim where it took probably 5+ mins per wheel to get the rim on, then the fun of trying to pull it up for glue [:@] (pretty sure I said screw it on the glue after 1 tire as my hands were hurting too bad lol)
Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Lunchboxer

Not all Tamiya wheels are like that. The examples pictured above are regular 1-piece wheels.

ORIGINAL: pcarluvr