Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ofna hyper 10tt, i think i did good

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ofna hyper 10tt, i think i did good

just bought a used hyper 10tt off ebay.
wasnt planning on buying a ofna, but was looking for a good brushless basher.
its RTR
hobby people 3s capable BL system. (anyone use that brand? are they the same as hobbywing or hobbyking stuff?)
metal spur gear
hitec 645 servo
tower hobbies 2.4ghz radio
a 2s lipo
onyx 235 charger.

body is a tad rough, descrip said it could use new tires.

made an offer, got it for $190 shipped.

I had jsut sold my redcat mirage. it was crazy fast and looks awsome and handles well. but the plastic used for the suspension arms and pin holders was brittle. its a shame, cause the rest of the buggy is great, driveline, power system, ect....all great. I considered boiling the arms to see if that would allow them some give. But I want something that can be bashed out of the box. Im hoping the ofna will do the trick. Ive only seen a couple of ofna's in person and they looked tough.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49142.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1879044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76520.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1879045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37913.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1879046  
Old 05-04-2013, 08:28 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ofna hyper 10tt, i think i did good

don't sound like a bad deal
was tempted to grab one when they came out, but I looked at my line up and seeing I had a 1/12th and 1/8th scale Ofna truggy doubted I would ever use it so I passed.
only problem in the future I can think of would be parts as I don't think HPI planned on releasing the truggy. (but parts might be an issue with all the hypers as HPI has fouled up as a distributor)
Old 05-04-2013, 08:30 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

don't sound like a bad deal
was tempted to grab one when they came out, but I looked at my line up and seeing I had a 1/12th and 1/8th scale Ofna truggy doubted I would ever use it so I passed.
this one is 1/10. would have prefered a 1/8, but douht id find one for $190 rtr.

I cant find this on ofna's site tho. The seller said the BL system is stock. how do I find stock specs/info on this model syco? Owner said its a 1/8 system...looks like its 1/10 motor to me.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:34 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

I know it was 1/10th Why I said as I had the scale above, and below I'd not use it much

as for stock setup it was sold only as a 80% assembled kit(essentially what we all call a roller with no electronics) so that motor, and ESC are from something else

http://ofna.com/hyper10tt.php manual is linked on the site
Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Foxy

Great car, only seen one once, went really, really well with well tuned diffs and suspension, great find. I wouldn't mind adding one to the collection myself.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:42 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a good deal....
Old 05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Great car, only seen one once, went really, really well with well tuned diffs and suspension, great find. I wouldn't mind adding one to the collection myself.
i wasnt looking for a racer, but for $190 rtr with lipo and charger I figured it would be alot of fun for the money.
Im kinda thinking down the road of having taller body posts, and MT body and bigger tires. since it has 12mm hex it should be easy to get some beafy tires. I have some from an earthquake, but not sure if they will fit as they may be too large.

this will be my 1st ofna, and ive only heard good some Im hoping I will end up with a good sturdy basher.
as of late, I have been driving my sc10 and TTR phoenix (brushless B3) and both are actually pretty good for bashing.

looking close at the pics of the one I bought, it seems the front bumper is missing. So I just bought a Tbone Racing front bumper for it. They have a wheely bar as well, but it was $25 and I dont have the cash right now. Tbone racing makes some nice quality bumpers for alot of different models, some of which are ignored by RPM.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:17 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

model is discontinued.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Eman77

Not sure if discontinued is a big negative though, as I'd guess that parts are still readily available (doing a quick search on amainhobbies and ebay yields a lot of parts to buy). It seem that Ofna tends to share parts between some models, so that works in your favor too.

The Hyper TT looks like a solid truggy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As for the wheelie bar, you might not need it, with the center diff and all, distributing power front/rear. I'd wait on that.

I only have an Ofna CRT.5 Pro, but am very impressed with the quality. I think Ofna tends to be underrated - to be honest, their site never really had nice pics of the Hyper TT - when I first looked at it, the pics were a bit off-putting. Just not very well done, bad angles, stuff like that. I think that hurts Ofna a bit (lack of effort in marketing?), but they make solid stuff.

Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:32 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Not sure if discontinued is a big negative though, as I'd guess that parts are still readily available (doing a quick search on amainhobbies and ebay yields a lot of parts to buy). It seem that Ofna tends to share parts between some models, so that works in your favor too.

The Hyper TT looks like a solid truggy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As for the wheelie bar, you might not need it, with the center diff and all, distributing power front/rear. I'd wait on that.

I only have an Ofna CRT.5 Pro, but am very impressed with the quality. I think Ofna tends to be underrated - to be honest, their site never really had nice pics of the Hyper TT - when I first looked at it, the pics were a bit off-putting. Just not very well done, bad angles, stuff like that. I think that hurts Ofna a bit (lack of effort in marketing?), but they make solid stuff.

Enjoy!
that is true to an extent, but unfortunately it would be with other hypers(like the hyper 10SC I think it shares parts with) as those are hobao's too. its like the jammins/nexx's share parts as they are all by hong nor.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Enjoy!
that is true to an extent, but unfortunately it would be with other hypers(like the hyper 10SC I think it shares parts with) as those are hobao's too. its like the jammins/nexx's share parts as they are all by hong nor.
so does HPI have the rights to distribute the hobao stuff? and will they? Or is the hyper series old enought that they will not bother to support it?
Im still learning about ofna. didnt even know until a short while back that they just distrubute and support models made by other companies.
It would be sweet if redcat would get the rights to sell stuff like this
Old 05-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Scottgir

I race a Hyper 10SC and your front end and rear end and shocks look identical to the Hypers. There are a number of outlets that still sell parts. Nitrohouse.com is one.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

I thought the Hyper TT came RTR but with a brushed system?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I thought the Hyper TT came RTR but with a brushed system?
yeh, when i searched before buying all I found was the RTR version with a brushled system.

mine will have a 120amp ESC with 2900kv motor according to the seller. should hual pretty fast on 3s.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Zonked
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome buy.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Enjoy!
so does HPI have the rights to distribute the hobao stuff? and will they? Or is the hyper series old enought that they will not bother to support it?
Im still learning about ofna. didnt even know until a short while back that they just distrubute and support models made by other companies.
It would be sweet if redcat would get the rights to sell stuff like this
yes they have the rights as they stole them from ofna. http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/hobao/
Will they so far its not looking so good as they were supposed to be available last October... Tower also put all HPI's numbers for them as discontinued...

Scottgir has an idea there get the manual to the hyper tt, and the SC and see whats the same as HPI claimed in their press release(prior to them deciding to drop distributing their own stuff) they were gonna distribute the hyper 10sc. Maybe the 2 share the majority of their components similar to how the hong nor crt.5, and the scrt/nexx 10sc share parts.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:12 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

well the ofna arrived today
sadly, it cannot be driven as the pinion gear is chewed to crap.
and naturally, the grub screw is stripped out[:@]

will have to break out some tools to get the gear off. might have to wait for a new gear to ship as I dont think I have one on hand that will fit.

The truggy is "well used". Some hub bearings might need to be replaced.

But, I paid $190 shipped for it. Im keeping the 2s lipo that it came with, but already sold the onyx 235 charger for $50. So at this point it cost me $160 RTR with a lipo.