Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

servo problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
newbie22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo problems

Hey im trying to find out how to keep the screw that goes into my servo from backing out. ive taken off the servo and tightend the screw but as soon as i put it down and turn it a few times the screw backs out and i cant turn. thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: servo problems

is the piece it screws into plastic or metal?

if plastic you could put a drop of super/tire glue on the screw the screw in this should hold it in good, and still be removable (might be hard to initially remove it). The also works f you strip the plastic on parts that have screws which is what I'm basing it on But hell if the screw won't stay in not like you got anything to lose

if the spline piece is metal a drop of blue loc tite will work, and what I use on my servos with metal splines

Just put it on the screw though and not in the hole as it potentially can drip into the servo and hit the gears
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a similar problem with an airtronics 851 metal gear servo in my eb4. When I drove the car sometimes my steering would stop responding. I took the body off the car and found the steering servo arm disconnected from the servo. I went to a local hardware store and found a small star washer to fit inside my metal servo arm and that did the trick. I dont like to use loctite on my cars because in the past it was almost impossable to get it out. Michael
Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: mkjohnston

I have a similar problem with an airtronics 851 metal gear servo in my eb4. When I drove the car sometimes my steering would stop responding. I took the body off the car and found the steering servo arm disconnected from the servo. I went to a local hardware store and found a small star washer to fit inside my metal servo arm and that did the trick. I dont like to use loctite on my cars because in the past it was almost impossable to get it out. Michael
really?
blue or red?
if red yes I'll agree 100% I bought a used RC that the prior owner used red, and it took me over 4 hours to disassemble as I had to heat every damn screw with a butane lighter(had to let the lighter cool between screws one reason it took so long)

blue I've used on all my RC's some to the point it dripped out the other side, and not once had an issue disassembling the RC.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:00 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I second the use of lock tight it works a treat.

If it has come loose a few times I would recomend inspecting the servo horn, the chances are its now slightly striped.

There are plenty of different strength thread locks out there a bit on common sence goes a long way.

Like SyCo said red is overkill for a servo, I recomend blue, but if u feel that's to strong pink is a lot safer.

My suggestion is to check out the fact sheet and recomended uses for each thread lock. Most servo Manifactures recomend using thread lock.

Note: lock tight is only good for metal geared servos