Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Servo help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:29 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo help!

ok so today i got my new servo for my brushless crt.5
i pluged it in to center it to put on the horn and i notice when i steer it makes my motor twitch forward and backwards.
i pluged my old servo back in and no glitching when i steer
could this be overloading the bec? or maybe interference?

ESC-HPI(Castle) vapor pro
RX-Futaba r2004gf
TX-3pl
servo-MKS ds1210
Old 06-01-2013, 04:46 PM
echthelion

Default RE: Servo help!

so confused lol when i push on the servo arm when its on it can even glitch the motor and im not even touching the remote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Umm when you push on the arm it pulls power so it stays centered.
Sounds like it might be interference. I looked for specs, but couldn't find that servos current draw so its a hard call.
If it was drawing too much power I think it would act like the RC was powered off.

Try the servo in another RC and see if it causes any issues in that one as a test. If its just interference you could try a ferrite bead on the servos wire
Old 06-01-2013, 05:31 PM
echthelion

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Umm when you push on the arm it pulls power so it stays centered.
Sounds like it might be interference. I looked for specs, but couldn't find that servos current draw so its a hard call.
If it was drawing too much power I think it would act like the RC was powered off.

Try the servo in another RC and see if it causes any issues in that one as a test. If its just interference you could try a ferrite bead on the servos wire
yeah i was thinking about trying that but its my only electric rc and all my other cars are nitro and use the same receivers lol and of course everything happens on the weekend when everywhere is closed =P guess its time to drive in head first and start trouble shootin

Edit- yeah i know it pulls power to stay centered =P i meant that maybe because i wasnt using the remote it was just a bec problem

Old 06-01-2013, 07:36 PM
echthelion

well i plugged one of my 6v hump packs into the receiver with my 2s lipo hooked up to the ESC no more glitching and then unpluged the 6v pack and back to glitching so i guess its a BEC/hungry servo problem

think this would fix my problem http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Protector
Old 06-02-2013, 01:36 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best option would be a 10a Castle BEC.... It's slight overkill but for the price it's well worth it....

A BEC itself can cause interference with more sensitive setups a step down regulator might be a better option.... Well depending on the receiver but I think yourse is 7.4v max so that type would only work with a 2s lipo
Old 06-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Foxy

Sorry I didn't see this before, I'd have told you straight away. It is browning out, you need a BEC, this is classic behaviour from that Castle ESC.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 AM
sparky 25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might want to try one of these, or make one your self,
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNRE0&P=7

I have been running one on my flux Hp, with a 1/5 scale 30kg steering servo,

Gives added boost to steering when the bec is getting it tight to supply the needed power to the servos,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9svdZJU3qz8
Old 06-02-2013, 06:44 AM
echthelion

heres a short little video of it doing its thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX4A_...ature=youtu.be little hard to see but the receiver light never goes red so its not losing signal. i did try another one of my receivers and it did the same thing just the ESC lights do somthing
Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Sorry I didn't see this before, I'd have told you straight away. It is browning out, you need a BEC, this is classic behaviour from that Castle ESC.