Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Losi Mega Baja

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Sixtysixdeuce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Mega Baja

So........one followed me home today. I wasn't looking, but was just on my way out of the LHS after breaking all of my cars on their track, about to head home, when this fellow parked next to me asked if I was interested in looking at an RC he was selling. I say "sure", and out comes this mongaloid thing with neon yellow shock springs. New engine, extra tires, many spare parts & other accessories. It'll need a new ring & pinion soon because some dummy didn't tighten the driveshaft set screw enough, causing the pinion to walk, and the 1st gear spur was lunched, but other than that, she's in good running order. Guy wanted $350, I only had $260 cash on me, and he accepted. I think I did OK.

But my question is, who here knows about these? I'm mostly an Associated guy, and I honestly didn't even know Losi made a monster truck until today. Should be a good basher, and great for that track (which literally eats 1/10 scale & smaller cars), but I'd like to hear from anyone who's familiar with them; tips & tricks, what parts are most prone to failure, etc.

Will post pics tomorrow.

Thanks!