Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tamiya TEU-101BK fix

Old 06-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Dangerous Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TEU-101BK fix

Having searched for info on Tamiya's TEU-101BK esc and found a few posts on here, I'd thought I'd share what I found when attempting to operate one.
The problem was the esc operating for only very short intervals, about 5 seconds, before the LED would flicker as if there was no receiver signal.

No amount of resetting etc made any difference, I had already established that the rx and radio were ok (with other servos), so I decided to open the case for a look.

Nothing was obviously burnt out, but I did notice one large solder track on the underside looked like it had a break of some sort.
Figuring the esc was already busted, I bridged the "break", fired it all up and - it worked!

Anywho, here's what fixed my TEU-101BK esc
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18484.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1892609