Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

traxxas LaTrax Rally...Why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: traxxas LaTrax Rally...Why?

ORIGINAL: Zrock

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Firstly, I fail to see any 'retro appeal' in that car pictured above, and I've been in the hobby for 28 years.
You give them way too much credit. Millions? Traxxas turns over a few million. More like a few thousand spent re-tooling. Don't be a victim to their marketing, the fact that its retro and slow and 'bridging the gap' is the perfect excuse to provide it with outdated and outmoded electronics which won't stress even the cheapest plastics, which means they won't even have to test them for durability or build them for potential brushless use.
They've done their research alright, and if hobby/toy (delete as appropriate) shops stock it and push it, it will sell. Does the hobby need it? Does it add to Traxxas' reputation as a serious hobby RC brand? Personally, I don't think so. If I were Traxxas I would have done it and not put my name on it.
This is a form of following suit of the Tamiya re-release stuff, followed by HPI and their 'rwd entry level touring car' (I lol'd), amongst a few others. At least the RC10 re-release actually performs. When I bought a Tamiya re-release myself and built it and ran it (a Hotshot, not some piece of crap car), it drove so atrociously, I had to rip the flaming piss out of myself for expecting anything different, so I laughed it off and put it on a shelf. Retro belongs in 1985 for example, when I started the hobby with a Tamiya Frog, which I remember as being the total shiznit, of course it wasn't, it was a total pile of crap, and the Hotshot wasn't that much better to tell you the honest truth, the good ones that circulated back in the day had barely a single original part on them. If you want vintage, fork out for the real thing, not some exec's opinion of what will shift the most units. I can't help seeing this as an excuse to manufacture crap/cheap (delete as appropriate) RCs, but because they are semi-hobby grade, charge a near-hobby grade price for them, and call them retro. And yes, that's kinda how I feel about the Tamiya re-releases too now, some exec in Tamiya deserves a gold star, a house in the Hamptons and must be feeling pretty proud of himself for having the idea to re-release the old kits that made Tamiya its reputation. No design work needed, no expensive plastics needed, no expensive electronics needed, barely a single change to the original vehicles, no testing required, as all the faults on the originals are known and to fix them would then destroy their 'authenticity', lol, it's win/win/win for the 'retro RC market', that's why Traxxas is gonna laugh all the way to the bank on this one too.
I won't buy one, nor would I recommend it to anyone as representative of a hobby grade RC car. I might give it to a small child to gauge their interest in such things, if it were about 50 bucks cheaper.
That reminds me, have you guys seen the price of those electronic Furbies toys? HOLY COW! I picked one up in the store the other day and I swear it gave me an evil grin. They're not even cuddly! If my daughter goes to kiss it, she'll knock a tooth out. Screw that. Anyway, I digress, enough truth for one day.

Don't get me wrong, I harbor no ill-will to these companies, neither Traxxas, LaTrax or whatever company makes those evil Furby things, they're looking after their bottom line, I can respect that, but I'm still gonna call a spade a spade. I suppose I need to say something nice about Traxxas now to show its not personal..... Um...good job on the mini revo? Yeh, my....er....wife, er.....loves it. Thanks for that... No, seriously, I do love my mini revo, and I do think it's one of the best mini RCs, if not the best.
yep millinons... its a minimum of 10g just to pull each die out of storage and prep it to run again after this many years hours were spend on each injection die. Then you have packagaging, manuals, transportation, all the reasearch they did to see if the re release is vialble and able to make money, plus all the little things we dont know about..

I like the vintage stuff and i had a blast with the older stuff and actually had way less breakage with it then i do with current products. Once the rest of the line up and i see what is their i will probably get one

No way, I would eat my underwear if they made millions on this car in the next 20 years, there's no way they spent millions just to produce a car that won't even make them that much. And come on now, traxxas doesn't do research if they did they wouldn't be releasing these lol.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:28 PM
turok007

as for the price you are not paying for the car. you are paying for the customer service. now that is good if you need to contact them and want something replacing. but if you have no faults you have paid the extra for nothing.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:15 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: turok007

as for the price you are not paying for the car. you are paying for the customer service. now that is good if you need to contact them and want something replacing. but if you have no faults you have paid the extra for nothing.
You shouldn't have to pay twice as much for something that should be included. It amazes me when I see someone buy something of lesser quality because the company has better customer service, if you buy the better product in the first place you most likely won't need customer service lol.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:44 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: t-max97

You shouldn't have to pay twice as much for something that should be included. It amazes me when I see someone buy something of lesser quality because the company has better customer service, if you buy the better product in the first place you most likely won't need customer service lol.
now ive had many redcat models and dealt with their customer service many times. I consider it to be on par with traxxas. But a 4wd brushless RTR from redcat is $200 and from traxxas it is $400. Yes, the redcat will not be of the same quality as the traxxas...but I can promise you it is not a $200 difference in quality. And you are not getting better customer support than with the redcat.
Traxxas has built a name, they are the brand 90% of newbs buy, and even us long-timers tend to keep a traxxas in the stable.
Traxxas did not pour millions into re-releasing this model. They have however poured millions into sponcering everything from nascar, to rally, to monster trucks. Their name is the one most non-hobbiest associate with fast rc cars. And that is why they will make money off a overprice, underperforming model like the LaTrax
Old 07-03-2013, 04:20 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

u guys are tripping, its not that bad. if u think u can do better show us.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

u guys are tripping, its not that bad. if u think u can do better show us.
I don't have a problem so much with the model itself. It should have used a standard 7.2v battery IMO, and rally tires instead of semi slick....but the rest isn't bad....but for $150! That is overpriced, and we hate that. There is just no reason for a model like that to cost more than $100...IMO it shouldn't cost more than $80. But traxxas knows that cause of their big name that they can sell it at that price and make money. Seems like lately they care more about making money than making progress for the rc hobby.

Had they released this model at $100 you wouldn't have heard a peep from me. But for $150 there are SOOO many better models to spend that kinda money on.
It is slow, takes an odd sized battery, has weird tire choice and for $150 you should NOT see friction shocks.

On the flip side, its size and lower speed means indoor driving should be fun, it shouldn't break much (slow speed + fairly tough looking parts) and even tho I cant see ever driving such a small car threw water, I guess waterproof doesn't hurt.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l1f5XHe9Qhs[/youtube]
Old 07-03-2013, 05:33 PM
phmaximus

Why should it use a standard battery? U do know its only a 1/18 touring car chassis. It's shorter than a standard school ruler...
If u were to fit a standard battery it would take up 1/2 the chassis, screwing with the weight balance and even power to weight.
I can't think of any RC car that has a battery that size compared to the chassis. IMO it would be crazy carrying around a full size battery for no real reson. A full size nimh battery would problary weigh more than the whole kit. He'll even the larger 1/16 MERV does not need a full size battery. And it has no problems with power.

In short a full size nimh battery is way to big and heavy for a tiny 1/18 chassis.

Price......
U guys complain about the price, I'm assuming u are not comparing it to other smaller cars?
Compare the price to a...
Kyosho mini Z
Kyosho 1/16 mini inferno...ect
Losi 1/24 micro SCT, micro t, dessert truck, high roller, trekker and trusty
Losi 1/18,1/16,1/14 range
AE, sc18, rc18 etc etc...
The list goes on... And on.

With some of these the latrax is cheap in comparison

He'll if u think the latrax is expensive go check out the toy grade cars from say radio shack, fast lane, air hogs, etc ect

Damm it.... Got to go someone is here, I'll finish posting after
Old 07-03-2013, 05:42 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why should it use a standard battery? U do know its only a 1/18 touring car chassis. It's shorter than a standard school ruler...
If u were to fit a standard battery it would take up 1/2 the chassis, screwing with the weight balance and even power to weight.
I can't think of any RC car that has a battery that size compared to the chassis. IMO it would be crazy carrying around a full size battery for no real reson. A full size nimh battery would problary weigh more than the whole kit. He'll even the larger 1/16 MERV does not need a full size battery. And it has no problems with power.

In short a full size nimh battery is way to big and heavy for a tiny 1/18 chassis.

Price......
U guys complain about the price, I'm assuming u are not comparing it to other smaller cars?
Kyosho mini Z

He'll if u think the latrax is expensive go check out the toy grade cars from say radio shack, fast lane, air hogs, etc ect

The AE version is the same size and uses a 6 cell pack instead of the latrax's 5 cell for the same price.
Also includes oil filled shocks, and seeing its based on the RC18b can go off road fine
I linked to the AE rally earlier in the thread that costs the same as this.

Now the Kyosho prices are insane on things like the Danano
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 PM
phmaximus

Hummm don't know if u would say they are the same size. The AE is 34mm wider and 59mm shorter. In fact the latrax width is closer to the 1/24 micro Losi rally.... From what I'm gathering the latrax is one of the most scale 1/18 chassis put there. Where all the others have been widened over 33%, I mean look how wrong the proportions ate for the AE, it's a fat stubby skyline....
Dare say the AE with the longer arms might be better off road. But seriously the idea of taking a 1/18 car off road is crazy. Don't know about u guys its hard enough finding places for my 1/10 TA01 and 1/16 ken block to go offroad bet alone something even smaller.
Where on earth would u take a 1/18 touring car offroad???

IMO it's the most durable 1/18 touring car I've seen, I mean check out the front hub carriers and CVD's
Did u also see u can get a carbon fibre chassis and other cool upgrades like ones diff, spool and ball diff...even 2 versions of oil filled shocks.... Seriously just click on the accessories tab....

Some people are saying its slow. How on earth do u know that.... The only video showing them is mostly filmed in slower motion... Come on are u seriously judging its speed on that promo video... Lol come on... Really

Just because there are better things out there, by far it does not make this crap.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:20 AM
turok007

so are you saying traxxas has messed around with scale again. im sure they want to change the whole world over to there scale. lol
Old 07-04-2013, 03:53 AM
phmaximus

Lol, hey u might be onto something there it's part of there world domination plan

All in all I wouldn't say the latrax is bad or good.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:55 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Price......
Kyosho mini Z

sorry, by "standard" size battery I meant standard 7.2v pack used in in most 1/18...not the packs used in 1/10. The pack used in the LaTrax looks shorter than a 7.2v used in a merv, rc18t, propulse, megatech, atomic, and just about every other 1/18 scale car or truck I can think of.

Look up the atomic 1/18 rally car. It is $80 shipped on ebay, and is RTR. Has standard 1/18 battery, better suspension, 2.4ghz radio, rally style tires, is also waterproof and the stock battery is 7.2v. It nearly every way it matches the Latrax (only downside is now LVC on the ESC and the ESC/rx are a combo unit)
The supposed $70 difference in cost for the LaTrax just doenst make sensce when you compare apples to apples here.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:13 AM
t-max97

Lol, hey u might be onto something there it's part of there world domination plan

All in all I wouldn't say the latrax is bad or good.
It's bad for $150.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Zrock

Firstly, I fail to see any 'retro appeal' in that car pictured above, and I've been in the hobby for 28 years.
You give them way too much credit. Millions? Traxxas turns over a few million. More like a few thousand spent re-tooling. Don't be a victim to their marketing, the fact that its retro and slow and 'bridging the gap' is the perfect excuse to provide it with outdated and outmoded electronics which won't stress even the cheapest plastics, which means they won't even have to test them for durability or build them for potential brushless use.
They've done their research alright, and if hobby/toy (delete as appropriate) shops stock it and push it, it will sell. Does the hobby need it? Does it add to Traxxas' reputation as a serious hobby RC brand? Personally, I don't think so. If I were Traxxas I would have done it and not put my name on it.
This is a form of following suit of the Tamiya re-release stuff, followed by HPI and their 'rwd entry level touring car' (I lol'd), amongst a few others. At least the RC10 re-release actually performs. When I bought a Tamiya re-release myself and built it and ran it (a Hotshot, not some piece of crap car), it drove so atrociously, I had to rip the flaming piss out of myself for expecting anything different, so I laughed it off and put it on a shelf. Retro belongs in 1985 for example, when I started the hobby with a Tamiya Frog, which Irememberas being the total shiznit, of course it wasn't, it was a total pile of crap, and the Hotshot wasn't that much better to tell you the honest truth, the good ones that circulated back in the day had barely a single original part on them. If you want vintage, fork out for the real thing, not some exec's opinion of what will shift the most units. I can't help seeing this as an excuse to manufacture crap/cheap (delete as appropriate) RCs, but because they are semi-hobby grade, charge a near-hobby grade price for them, and call them retro. And yes, that's kinda how I feel about the Tamiya re-releases too now, some exec in Tamiya deserves a gold star, a house in the Hamptons and must be feeling pretty proud of himself for having the idea to re-release the old kits that made Tamiya its reputation. No design work needed, no expensive plastics needed, no expensive electronics needed, barely a single change to the original vehicles, no testing required, as all the faults on the originals are known and to fix them would then destroy their 'authenticity', lol, it's win/win/win for the 'retro RC market', that's why Traxxas is gonna laugh all the way to the bank on this one too.
I won't buy one, nor would I recommend it to anyone as representative of a hobby grade RC car. I might give it to a small child to gauge their interest in such things, if it were about 50 bucks cheaper.
That reminds me, have you guys seen the price of those electronic Furbies toys? HOLY COW! I picked one up in the store the other day and I swear it gave me an evil grin. They're not even cuddly! If my daughter goes to kiss it, she'll knock a tooth out. Screw that. Anyway, I digress, enough truth for one day.

Don't get me wrong, I harbor no ill-will to these companies, neither Traxxas, LaTrax or whatever company makes those evil Furby things, they're looking after their bottom line, I can respect that, but I'm still gonna call a spade a spade. I suppose I need to say something nice about Traxxas now to show its not personal..... Um...good job on the mini revo? Yeh, my....er....wife, er.....loves it. Thanks for that... No, seriously, I do love my mini revo, and I do think it's one of the best mini RCs, if not the best.
yep millinons... its a minimum of 10g just to pull each die out of storage and prep it to run again after this many years hours were spend on each injection die. Then you have packagaging, manuals, transportation, all the reasearch they did to see if the re release is vialble and able to make money, plus all the little things we dont know about..

I like the vintage stuff and i had a blast with the older stuff and actually had way less breakage with it then i do with current products. Once the rest of the line up and i see what is their i will probably get one

No way, I would eat my underwear if they made millions on this car in the next 20 years, there's no way they spent millions just to produce a car that won't even make them that much. And come on now, traxxas doesn't do research if they did they wouldn't be releasing these lol.
I used to work in the plastic injection industry i know exactly what it costs to retool and set up for eash pc. I also know how much a company will spend in research and development on a product.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Foxy

This is a form of following suit of the Tamiya re-release stuff, followed by HPI and their 'rwd entry level touring car' (I lol'd), amongst a few others. At least the RC10 re-release actually performs. When I bought a Tamiya re-release myself and built it and ran it (a Hotshot, not some piece of crap car), it drove so atrociously, I had to rip the flaming piss out of myself for expecting anything different, so I laughed it off and put it on a shelf. Retro belongs in 1985 for example, when I started the hobby with a Tamiya Frog, which Irememberas being the total shiznit, of course it wasn't, it was a total pile of crap, and the Hotshot wasn't that much better to tell you the honest truth, the good ones that circulated back in the day had barely a single original part on them. If you want vintage, fork out for the real thing, not some exec's opinion of what will shift the most units. I can't help seeing this as an excuse to manufacture crap/cheap (delete as appropriate) RCs, but because they are semi-hobby grade, charge a near-hobby grade price for them, and call them retro. And yes, that's kinda how I feel about the Tamiya re-releases too now, some exec in Tamiya deserves a gold star, a house in the Hamptons and must be feeling pretty proud of himself for having the idea to re-release the old kits that made Tamiya its reputation. No design work needed, no expensive plastics needed, no expensive electronics needed, barely a single change to the original vehicles, no testing required, as all the faults on the originals are known and to fix them would then destroy their 'authenticity', lol, it's win/win/win for the 'retro RC market', that's why Traxxas is gonna laugh all the way to the bank on this one too.

I used to work in the plastic injection industry i know exactly what it costs to retool and set up for eash pc. I also know how much a company will spend in research and development on a product.

What you have posted seems to contradict that. Do you realize that even if they only spent 2m on r&d and tooling, and even if the profit per car was in the region of 50 bucks per unit, they'd still have to shift 40,000 units just to break even. If you then say that the car needs to make 20-25%to be a commercial success, they need to shift 50,000 units. I just don't see it happening. So you tell me how they make money if it costs so much to retool for each model.

Seriously mate, I don't know how you got the idea in your head that to produce a model like this costs millions, it just doesn't.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:26 AM
turok007

this cannot be a traxxas car as they are bringing out alloy parts for it straight away. lol
Old 07-04-2013, 10:15 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Hummm don't know if u would say they are the same size. The AE is 34mm wider and 59mm shorter. In fact the latrax width is closer to the 1/24 micro Losi rally.... From what I'm gathering the latrax is one of the most scale 1/18 chassis put there. Where all the others have been widened over 33%, I mean look how wrong the proportions ate for the AE, it's a fat stubby skyline....
Dare say the AE with the longer arms might be better off road. But seriously the idea of taking a 1/18 car off road is crazy. Don't know about u guys its hard enough finding places for my 1/10 TA01 and 1/16 ken block to go offroad bet alone something even smaller.
Where on earth would u take a 1/18 touring car offroad???

IMO it's the most durable 1/18 touring car I've seen, I mean check out the front hub carriers and CVD's
Did u also see u can get a carbon fibre chassis and other cool upgrades like ones diff, spool and ball diff...even 2 versions of oil filled shocks.... Seriously just click on the accessories tab....

Some people are saying its slow. How on earth do u know that.... The only video showing them is mostly filmed in slower motion... Come on are u seriously judging its speed on that promo video... Lol come on... Really

Just because there are better things out there, by far it does not make this crap.
I don't think the model itself is crap. It does look like it would hold up pretty well. But the price is all wrong.
I get that it is a step between toy and hobby....but the price doesn't match that.
And nothing for $150 should have friction shocks! Sure, there are upgrade options...but why put $40 worth of parts into a $150 JUST to get it to similar specs as some $100 1/18 scale models?

And the speed, come on....same basic size as most 1/18 scale models... with same size motor...but running on 1.2 less volts.
I believe it will be better than any true toy grade rc....but not upto the speed most anything in the $150 range should be.

Ill be interested to see when Jang does a review of this car. His reviews are pretty honest.

It is supposed to be traxxas way of helping younger ones into the hobby. But there are cheaper models with the same support that are just as good!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:15 PM
turok007

for the start up costs. i have seen the lower brands bring out cars then are a quarter of the price of so called high grade cars. yes i know some of the bits are rubbish but the start up costs should be the same. unless the bigger company's are treated like the British government. (EXAMPLE) you can buy a light bulb for 50p but when the government buy the same ones in bulk it cost them £15 per bulb. and that goes for most stuff they buy.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

for the start up costs. i have seen the lower brands bring out cars then are a quarter of the price of so called high grade cars. yes i know some of the bits are rubbish but the start up costs should be the same. unless the bigger company's are treated like the British government. (EXAMPLE) you can buy a light bulb for 50p but when the government buy the same ones in bulk it cost them £15 per bulb. and that goes for most stuff they buy.
That same light bulb would cost $1500 for the US government.
You brits get it cheap
Old 07-04-2013, 04:03 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

I don't think the model itself is crap. It does look like it would hold up pretty well. But the price is all wrong.
I get that it is a step between toy and hobby....but the price doesn't match that.
And nothing for $150 should have friction shocks! Sure, there are upgrade options...but why put $40 worth of parts into a $150 JUST to get it to similar specs as some $100 1/18 scale models?

And the speed, come on....same basic size as most 1/18 scale models... with same size motor...but running on 1.2 less volts.
I believe it will be better than any true toy grade rc....but not upto the speed most anything in the $150 range should be.

Ill be interested to see when Jang does a review of this car. His reviews are pretty honest.

It is supposed to be traxxas way of helping younger ones into the hobby. But there are cheaper models with the same support that are just as good!
That's what im waiting for too.

the big question is it going to be worth $50 more than a losi 1/24 rally.... im trying to work out what to get my boys for xmas

I know there are cheaper brands out there, but im so sick of cheap rc cars. I sold 6 rc"s over the last year and swore I would never get another, HSP, HBX, CEN, Redcat, Colt, Great Vigor, and older Tamiyas cars again
Old 07-04-2013, 04:29 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

That's what im waiting for too.

the big question is it going to be worth $50 more than a losi 1/24 rally.... im trying to work out what to get my boys for xmas

I know there are cheaper brands out there, but im so sick of cheap rc cars. I sold 6 rc''s over the last year and swore I would never get another, HSP, HBX, CEN, Redcat, Colt, Great Vigor, and older Tamiyas cars again
before you go for the traxxas or the losi, id look into the Atomik. I don't know if you can find a new one, but the duratrax vendetta rally looked pretty good as well. The atomik is RTR at under $100. The vendetta would be more the price of the traxxas or losi cars.

you don't have to buy a "cheapo" brand to get a good car at a low cost. buying the traxxas imo would be buying a decent car at a overprice. The losi 1/24...ive had the SCT version. Not bad. Seen them as low as $110 new (shipping included) on ebay. That's $40 LESS than the traxxas.
For $150, you can get the Brushless version of the losi 1/24 rally with 2 Extra batteries! That's brushless+2 batteries for the same price as the traxxas. Im telling you, the traxxas model isn't bad, but the price point is just all wrong.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Foxy

Yeh, I guess I should point out that this model doesn't look that bad, as units like this go, but it is expensive. My earlier rant was more 'in general' than anything else, and I'm also pleased that phmax mentioned the mini-zs, the cost of which is nothing short of out-blinding-rageous. Traxxas have NOTHING on Kyosho in the overcharging stakes. I remember when a certain MP9 kit was 900 euro. For a 1/8th buggy? Better be made entirely out of unobtanium and drive itself for that kinda cash.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Zrock

you seriously thing they are only going to make 20-25% on their product? They are making no less than 50 -70% off of any of their models or it would not make sence for them to do it. Unfortunately its the distributor and the dealer that are making less than their full % at retail witch is usually 40-70% but in no way traxxas is not goig to get their full pop. Plus they plan on making money off the upgrades that alot of them will aready be migrated in from current production cars. My work involves both manufacturing and retail and i know the behind teh scenes of both. You want to see a real rip of then think of teh parts you buy for your car. A pc of trim costs about $20 to fully manufacturor by the time you get it the selling price is now $150 for a pc of chrome and rubber trim to go around your window. Don't fool yourself these manufacturors may be putting out alot of money for a new line but they are also making nothing but money hence why they have a mil+ advertising budget.. And also don't forget this is just the first of many that will be release with this line up so how many parts cross over to difrent veh?
Old 07-05-2013, 08:47 AM
littlemel
My Feedback: (4)

you seriously thing they are only going to make 20-25% on their product? They are making no less than 50 -70% off of any of their models or it would not make sence for them to do it. Unfortunately its the distributor and the dealer that are making less than their full % at retail witch is usually 40-70% but in no way traxxas is not goig to get their full pop. Plus they plan on making money off the upgrades that alot of them will aready be migrated in from current production cars. My work involves both manufacturing and retail and i know the behind teh scenes of both. You want to see a real rip of then think of teh parts you buy for your car. A pc of trim costs about $20 to fully manufacturor by the time you get it the selling price is now $150 for a pc of chrome and rubber trim to go around your window. Don't fool yourself these manufacturors may be putting out alot of money for a new line but they are also making nothing but money hence why they have a mil+ advertising budget.. And also don't forget this is just the first of many that will be release with this line up so how many parts cross over to difrent veh?
When a retail store get the product from the distributer, they dont get it for 40%-70% less than they sell it for. It is closer to 20% markup on average.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:02 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: littlemel

When a retail store get the product from the distributer, they dont get it for 40%-70% less than they sell it for. It is closer to 20% markup on average.

I think he was saying traxxas makes 40-70%. and that retailers/stores make 10-20%. Which is kinda odd to me....I work at a hardware store and most items are marked up around 50%.
The owner of the local hobby shop said is profit comes from parts and not models, cause the markup on models is just not enough....and naturally you sell far more parts than models.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.