Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

nitro fuel

Old 07-06-2013, 05:24 PM
dan rox 90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro fuel

hi, im wondering if I use my year old nitro fuel that it will break the engine would it decrease the engine life or do any harm.cheers
Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: nitro fuel

ORIGINAL: dan rox 90

hi, im wondering if I use my year old nitro fuel that it will break the engine would it decrease the engine life or do any harm.cheers
as long as the fuel was in a bottle with the cap on good, it should be fine. If the cap was not on well, then water will have been drawn in making the fuel bad. If it is bad, you will notice soon having troubles getting started as well as tuning it.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Sixtysixdeuce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitro fuel

Old fuel won't hurt it, but as mentioned, the fuel is hygroscopic, so if not completely sealed from atmosphere, it will pull moisture and you'll end up with something that's more oil & water than fuel. You may pull your hair out trying to get it dialed in and end up just getting a new jug anyway.