Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

O-rings

Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default O-rings

going to rebuild the diffs on my CRT.5 and going to buy new paper seals and orings then i saw the price for 2 http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tial-O-Rings-2

now my question is are all p-6 o-rings the same size? because i found these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ial-O-Rings-15 and if there all the same size its a much better deal

Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Anthoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O-rings

Measure the O rings you have and look on Ebay....they come by the packet for a much more appealing price.....they can be made of different material for different applications but most will give you the specs.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez....just go to your local Ace Hardware with your old o-ring.  You should be able to find replacements for WAY less than that.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:33 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just remember not all o rings are equal. All the cheap ones are mass produced with no real care for tolerances and manufacturing marks/daggy bits.

sure those are a little expensive for what they are, I bet they don't have moulding marks like some of the cheap ones... still a couple of bucks is not going to hurt ur budget.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: phmaximus
All the cheap ones are mass produced with no real care for tolerances and manufacturing marks/daggy bits.
Are they really? Where are the RC O rings made....on that top secret RC island where they make the special RC nuts/bolts/screws/bearings/batteries/etc...?
If you prefer to spend more and have less then that is very nice...for most people the other way around is just common sense. I have not seen any of these cheap and unusable O rings that you speak of, although I have seen all sorts of rubber O ring/gaskets/seals with a bit of moulding flash left on them.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

don't u guys have those cheap shops/$2 shops?

personally I like to use quality silicon o rings,

Measure the O rings you have and look on Ebay....they come by the packet for a much more appealing price.....they can be made of different material for different applications but most will give you the specs.
with that advice someone could easily make the mistake of replacing silicon o rings with rubber...

sorry I prefer quality over quantity. and replace silicon with silicon

I think we got our wires crossed, by me saying
"just remember not all o rings are equal. All the cheap ones are mass produced with no real care for tolerances and manufacturing marks/daggy bits."

I think u have interoperated as im saying something about specific rc car o rings vs normal
"Are they really? Where are the RC O rings made....on that top secret RC island where they make the special RC nuts/bolts/screws/bearings/batteries/etc...?"

I think everyone knows there is no real rc specific o-rings/nuts/bolts/screws/bearings/batteries/etc
I was referring to the differences in quality from manufacture to manufacture not the retailer.

why did u assume I thought that? did u use to think that?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Anthoop

Read the words again.
"Measure the O rings you have and look on Ebay....they come by the packet for a much more appealing price.....they can be made of different material for different applications but most will give you the specs"

How can you go wrong with that advice?
Measure...shop around...check specs...simples.

Your previous post stated ALL cheap O rings are naff, that is not true. RC manufacturers buy things in bulk....if you think the mark up they put on things like O rings is ok...then you carry on.
I can not explain any better than that, if you still do not understand then I give up.