Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Starter box hpi rs4

Old 03-24-2010, 10:39 PM
crfrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter box hpi rs4

Whats a good cheap starter box for the hpi nitro rs4? possibly a universal one that will work with revos and savages as well. ty
Old 03-25-2010, 03:48 AM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Starter box hpi rs4

Personally I use the Associated Factory Team box for my TC3's and also my HPI's. It works awesome and you can find them used on rctech cheap all the time. Ebay probably has them pretty cheap too and they are lightweight so you *shouldn't* get raped on shipping charges.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 PM
nitro-rob

I am struggling with this.  I bought an associated starter box based on the advice of this forum and the RS4 oesn't fit at all.  I can extremely modify the car to sit half off of the box, but I can't see how its designed that its universal enough for that car. 

Does anyone have a clue?
Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like the wheel in the box needs to be turned 90 deg. You can do that with that starter box. The directions should show how.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:35 PM
nitro-rob

I figured it out, put the car on backwards.  I can only use the wheel location that the 8th scale buggies use.   I can only use three of the little posts and the box is off to one side and backwards on the box, but it works well....do all TC's go the opposite direction to 8th scale buggies on these boxes?  I am used to pushing down on the back of the vehicle and not the front.