Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Fuel primer pump - really needed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 AM
nextsixers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel primer pump - really needed?

Hi guys!
I just bought new buggy Inferno NEO Race Spec and I'm really excited about that. I hope it will run pretty well

However before I set off I have a question. I bought a fuel primer pump to install it in a buggy, but I wonder is it worth doing so? How do you think? Do you have ones?

On the one hand it should be easier to start the engine, especially after first tank, because covering hot exhaust pipe is a bit tricky, I think.

On the other hand after mounting the body it gets a bit tight so to start engine again I would have to take off the body and then pinch the primer what takes time.

So I'm just curious how you guys cope with that little problem?

Cheers
Old 07-31-2013, 02:52 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fuel primer pump - really needed?

No. Not needed. When the exhaust is hot, pinch the pressure line to prime while pulling the starter or spinning the starter box.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definetly not needed but it's a matter of opinion. Almost as heated as the debate between pullstarts or roto-type starters "I'm a big fan of pull starts". Primer bulbs are nice, where you just squeeze and prime. You can have enough fuel line where you can just pull them through your fuel filler hole and make it usable with the body on. I used to run them on everything, then for one reason or another never put one on my latest vehicle. After reading your post I'm tempted to install one now.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:40 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

all u have to do is take the fuel line off the tuned pipe and put it in your mouth and blow air into it. This will push the fuel into your carb and bam you off and running on the first pull. But if I was you I would get rid of the pull start and go to a bump box electric starter such as the offna chrome top box. but you would have to change out to biger flywheel as pull starts usally have a smaller flywheel. just an idea MJ
Old 08-12-2013, 05:44 AM
nextsixers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all guys for replies!
I think I will try running without primer pump and then see is it fine for me