Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I Want Badland Tires. Just Not Sure What Rims / Offset ...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I Want Badland Tires. Just Not Sure What Rims / Offset ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM
tuff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I Want Badland Tires. Just Not Sure What Rims / Offset ...

hey gang, (Please read - i know its seems like much, but i try to be as thorough as possible so that we're all on the same page)
i need some help deciding what rims i should be considering to couple with some new tires. ive decided on the badlands, simply because of all the positive reviews ive seen made and the fact im not too happy with the dirt hawgs i originally invested in.
heres my dilemma ...
this is for my rustler - that isnt quite the same rustler anymore. in a nut shell, i took my rustler and extended the chassis with the strc lcg kit and swapped out the rear arms with 2wd slash rear arms (evened out the width of both front & back).
*i decided on keeping the front wheel offset of the rustler all the way around because i like the look and feel along with the baja bug body that i decided on using.

*Note: i am using 2.2" rims

since i want to keep this "stance" / width (of the rustler front wheel offset on all 4 corners), i simply dont know where to go from here.
what i saw that i am considering, are these pre-mounted Badlands SC 2.2"/3.0". They are described as "for Slash Rear, Slash 4x4 and Blitz* Front or Rear. Mounted on Renegade Black Wheels".
they are clearly described as being for slash rear, slash 4x4, etc.,etc.. and i guess thats fine and probably doesnt matter BUT its the offset that im wondering might present problems and thats what id like to confirm.
- should i discard the idea of those premounts because of the offset of the rims they're mounted on?
- should i be looking into buying the tires and rims seperately?
- what rims should i be looking into ?
its the 2.2"/3.0" aspect of the tire thats complicating things as id REALLY like to use these as opposed to the Badlands 2.2" All Terrain Truck Tires because the Badlands 2.2" All Terrain Truck Tires are significantly bigger. Height: 5.06" (129mm), as opposed to the height of the SC Badlands, Height: 4.40" (112mm).
Old 11-13-2013, 12:50 PM
tuff1

just had a thought ...
what if i put longer a-arms and went with the premounted renegades?
would that bring my width back to where im at now?
(right at about 12", on the nose)
if this seems like the way to go, what a-arms should i be considering? im aware id have to have two different sets all over again, but it is what it is ...
(as mentioned previously, i currently have the rustler fronts on the front and the 2wd slash rears on the back)
thinking there might be a set from "model X?" for the front that are a little longer and "model X?" for the rears that are a little longer, BUT it wouldnt matter with the premounted renegades being so positively offset, id still end up with the same track width, no?
thoughts / opinions / ideas?
thanks again guys ...
Old 11-15-2013, 07:58 PM
DieHarder

Couldn't you just put badlands all terrain 5" tall ones on all fours? Then you'd keep your stance. Is the slash a hex drive or pin drive? If hex, is it 12mm or 14mm?
Old 11-15-2013, 08:17 PM
DieHarder

Ok, forget what I said. The 2.2" is the bead diameter on the outside of the wheel (Away from the chassis). The 3.0" is the bead diameter on the inside of the vehicle (Near the chassis). So they are special tires to fit those funny rims. But you can't put those special rims/tires on the front. The front isn't driven, so they won't work. If you have the special rims on the rear and the big 5" ones on the front (Because those are the only Badlands that will work on the front) it will look pretty funny. So what's wrong anyway with the 5" tall tires? I run them on my Duratrax Evader on all fours. Lots of ground clearance, and unbelievable grip. That's all I buy anymore. If you'd like, I can take some pictures of my Evader with the tires since the Evader is very similar to the Traxxas Rustler.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:21 PM
tuff1

no question - i dont doubt that they look slick ...
but those are way too big for me. that'd be like mt tires pretty much.i really feeling the look of the 2.2s for this one.
i do have big tires on my slash 4x4 though = )

hexs are 12mm i believe.

Last edited by tuff1; 11-15-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:39 PM
DieHarder

I have thoroughly thought this through, and I have come to a conclusion: It's impossible.

I can't come up with a solution. Try sending a pm to Foxy, SyCo_VeNoM, or nitrosportsandrunner. They may have better advice.