Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

2 year old and 3900kv on 2s

Old 11-15-2013, 06:54 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2 year old and 3900kv on 2s

Here we go guys, here is a short raw video of my youngest boy driving unrestricted, my wife is filming and I'm driving the micro SCT on a 1s lipo.... He is better than my 8yo....no kidding... Lol

http://youtu.be/qedJ2LObI4s
Old 11-15-2013, 09:39 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! That kid's a near natural! He must have learned from you, lol.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:19 AM
phmaximus

Cheerz man, I can't get over his driving. But then again Dads are bios, Compared to myother older kids and some adults he is amazing, I think its because he lernt to drive with 2 different crawlers, he never had to worry to much about speed so he picked up how to use the steering very quick...
I'm spewin' I had a great video of him driving a crawler around and through his legs when he was 19 months old...

I trust him with all of the cars I have. Its odd he never drives at speeds above his ability.... We let him drive that yellow slash around the house and he just puts around... Where the other kids nail the throttle and start crashing into everything.

Hows no BS, he use to take a different micro SCT to sleep with him. For ages it was his version of his teddy bear...it use to go everywhere.... Even to this day sometimes he takes the one in the video out to the shops.... But lately hotwheels cars are his favourite toy to take out
Old 11-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Cool_cris27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol thats awsome that kids going places lol. Your right if you give 90% of the 2 years old population they would slam throttle this kid has common sense and controls it very well cant wait to see this kid racing the big boys>
Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Very cool. He drives better than my kid's friends, I cringe when one wants to drive. My kids are 11 and 12. Get him to the track, he'll be bringing in the trophies in no time.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:03 PM
whee-sconsin basher

Parenting: You win!
Serious though, that is awesome you get the fam involved. My boy loves when I drive my truck. I'm gonna get him a Wheely King for Christmas so he can wheel right along with me. Now I just need to get the wife a truck...
Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 PM
phmaximus

Lol cheerz m8...

My Dad has always been heavily into RC vehicles from cars, truck and tanks... But when we were younger we were never allowed to drive them. So I have a lot of memories of watching my dad driving but never getting a turn.
Ive changed that with my kids and funny enough so has my brother... I guess Its a lot easier these days with digital controller with endpoint adjustments... We don't have to worry about the kids breaking of the aerial and can slow it down via the EPA. And with the internet, spare parts have never been this cheap for us Australians.... Parts are generally expensive here

There is not a single car I haven't let the kids drive....even the tanks.
I like to call them my little durability testers. They have broken things I never though was possible lol....
one great example... Shock hoops on a scx10, u may think how on earth did they brake them? Well... It was nothing much... My 3yo dropped it, and it landed bum down.... Because the body mounts attach to the shock hoops it snapped the mount clean off the hoop.
alloy hoops and mounts... Problem fixed...

another one.... They killed the ESC fan from sticking there finger in it because it made a funny noise... 5min lecture on why we don't stick things in the fan and a CF fan protector so far so good....
Old 11-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Barrymartin

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Here we go guys, here is a short raw video of my youngest boy driving unrestricted, my wife is filming and I'm driving the micro SCT on a 1s lipo.... He is better than my 8yo....no kidding... Lol

http://youtu.be/qedJ2LObI4s
Thats really awesome especially the kid, his performance is really amazing,
it was really brilliat and take a lot of skill to control, He must have learned from you or any other ....
Old 11-22-2013, 03:12 AM
R32GolfTA06

Potential future racer for sure, I would still be sweaty waiting for a horrible crash to happen but he seems quite at ease with control
Old 11-26-2013, 07:17 PM
whee-sconsin basher

So awesome. The smiles alone are worth the broken parts. Cheers!

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Lol cheerz m8...

My Dad has always been heavily into RC vehicles from cars, truck and tanks... But when we were younger we were never allowed to drive them. So I have a lot of memories of watching my dad driving but never getting a turn.
Ive changed that with my kids and funny enough so has my brother... I guess Its a lot easier these days with digital controller with endpoint adjustments... We don't have to worry about the kids breaking of the aerial and can slow it down via the EPA. And with the internet, spare parts have never been this cheap for us Australians.... Parts are generally expensive here

There is not a single car I haven't let the kids drive....even the tanks.
I like to call them my little durability testers. They have broken things I never though was possible lol....
one great example... Shock hoops on a scx10, u may think how on earth did they brake them? Well... It was nothing much... My 3yo dropped it, and it landed bum down.... Because the body mounts attach to the shock hoops it snapped the mount clean off the hoop.
alloy hoops and mounts... Problem fixed...

another one.... They killed the ESC fan from sticking there finger in it because it made a funny noise... 5min lecture on why we don't stick things in the fan and a CF fan protector so far so good....