Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Off-Road rc question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Cool_cris27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Off-Road rc question.

So In the year of 2013-2014 what is the best fastest durable off road vehical that you can get for around 400$??? Simple as that what do you guys think.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:35 PM
rustler5700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For $400 I would think the losi 22 RTR.
http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...rodID=LOSB0122
They also have the racing kit version for $350 but you have to buy all the electronics.
The RTR doesn't come with all the high durable parts as the kit does but I think it is a good buy.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Cool_cris27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also what off road rc car except any type of buggy which car has the most after market parts like witch is more customizable?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:06 PM
cirec

Well fastest as in top speed or on like a track? For top speed I'm going to guess it's something from Traxxas. There's plenty of aftermarket parts for Traxxas. If I had to get a Traxxas I'd go with the Slash 4x4 with the low center of gravity chassis just because I like to race.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
rustler5700

Traxxas probably has the most customization available for all types. I know the rustler has a ton of parts available to put on, there is an upgrade for every single part on the rustler, and most Traxxas car parts work for all of their products. Though losi offers some real good aftermarket products for their vehicles.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:53 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With a discount u could squeez a HPI WR8 Flux...something different
Old 01-05-2014, 12:00 AM
phmaximus

But if pure performance and durability I would recommend to look at at Ofna ultra LX2e or a Onfa Buggy8

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBWUV&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDBNU&P=7
Old 01-05-2014, 03:51 AM
R32GolfTA06

Ofna is certainly an up and coming brand name and becoming very popular, so that's a good call.. The chassis are usually very well balanced and agile
Old 01-05-2014, 04:30 PM
phmaximus

True that... Only problem is they are generally more expensive to repair and the upgrade parts are very limited
Old 01-05-2014, 04:36 PM
phmaximus

I don't know, there are so many threads by the OP,,,, who know what's the latest...
Old 01-11-2014, 06:53 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OFNA is really an importer of cars made by either of two companies: HoBao or ......shoot, somebody hep me!

But yeah, I'm pretty impressed with Ofna/HoBao build quality and componentry. I have a Hyper 10TT. Tough little car.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:41 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R32GolfTA06
Ofna is certainly an up and coming brand name and becoming very popular, so that's a good call.. The chassis are usually very well balanced and agile
OFNA is a very old brand (relatively, over 15 years), but it doesn't actually make anything. They were reselling almost exclusively two Taiwanese brands for a very long time, Hobao (Hyper series) and Hong Nor (Jammin and X series). They recently eeither lost or handed over hobao distribution to HPI, but now that seems to be up in the air. They still sell Hong Nor stuff, but got TeamC in to replace Hobao. Time will tell if they are up to Hobao quality. In any case, it's important to point out that OFNA is an established brand, known for value, which recently is looking more uncertain.

The Hyper 7 is one of the most supported 1/8th buggies in existence, and the Jammin stuff also had plenty of parts and options. The option parts are overpriced (I think this is where they make most of their money), but the spares aren't, they're usually Redcat cheap.

Hobao has been National Champion in more than one class on more than one occasion, as have Hong Nor.

They have always been one of the best value brands in the hobby, and have earned my respect by knowing where to cut corners to reduce costs without compromising the RC.