Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

traxxis rustler

Old 12-26-2013, 09:35 PM
wesleyrose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxis rustler

my girlfriend is buying me a traxxis stampede for my birthday. has anybody got or had this car and if so what was it like.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:38 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

traxxas rustler is one of the most basic basher trucks. LOTS of people have or have had them. simple, durable, easy to work on, lots of available upgrades ect. Is she buying a XL5 or VXL version?
Old 12-27-2013, 10:04 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And uh, the thread title says Rustler, but your post says Stampede.......which is it? Either way, if your girlfriend is buying it for you, WHO CARES?

But to try and be helpful....the Rustler is a Stadium Truck, 2wd, and is sort of meant for racing (there used to be a class before Short Course took off) but is a real popular platform for just about anything you want to do with a 2wd chassis. The Stampede is a Monster Truck, also 2wd, but with higher ground clearance and bigger tires, mainly meant for "bashing" , but can be made to handle pretty well despite a higher CG with some aftermarket parts, so I'm told. The Rustler would probably be the faster of the two. Either platform is well-supported in any hobby store parts-wise too. If it's your first RC, take your time to get used to driving it. Look where you want to GO not at what you want to AVOID cuz you'll just hit it for sure. AH! Make sure to get an RPM front bumper for it!! RPM makes great parts for many of the Traxxas family, and a good bumper (rear one too if you can get one) will pay for itself many times over.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:17 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why the rear bumper Rob? I myself don't get stuck, eliminated the need for a rear bumper. Come to think of it, my wheelie bar is sort of like a bumper, but it doesn't have a scratch on it, because like I said, I don't back up (Get stuck or lost and need to) and crash. I mainly use race mode, just because...
Old 12-29-2013, 09:57 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything to help protect the car from nasty cartwheels. May not be "necessary". Might depend on your driving style (or lack thereof). The Rustlers don't have the most robust motor mounts.