Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Vaterra Twin Hammers

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Andy B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaterra Twin Hammers

Anyone with thoughts or experience with this vehicle. Things like quality, fun, value etc.?

My Grandson like the looks of it, we realize it's no crawler but then he already has a Wraith and Losi mini crawler. Just looking for something a little different to bash.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:55 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Moving thread to RC Car General Discussions.

Reason: Better forum for getting answers.

Ken
Old 12-26-2013, 03:16 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In stock form, it is not that much faster than a wraith. It will handle better (not tip over at speed) but if he just wants a truck for jumping and ripping up the dirt then a short course truck would be better.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:47 AM
RCFanatic911

Vaterra is very durable and looks awesome. Comes with a Spektrum radio seriously a Specktrum 3 channel! It is a rock racer can crawl and travel moderately fast but thats about it. If you want a cool scale vehicle that is more unique because you seem to have crawlers pick up a XTM Rail RTR under $400 and it comes with an Airtronics radio and made mostly off aluminum. Vaterra twin hammers is great though.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Andy B

Thanks for the advice guys. The main reason we've stuck with crawlers is their slow speed. My grandson is pretty young and anything too fast has struck an immovable object before he has a chance to react. The Telluride esc also has the half power training mode.
Today I picked up the Twin Hammers enticed by the $329 boxing day price, it's a good looking vehicle. Grandpa can't wait to run it