Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: traxxis rustler

traxxis rustler

my girlfriend is buying me a traxxis stampede for my birthday. has anybody got or had this car and if so what was it like.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    traxxas rustler is one of the most basic basher trucks. LOTS of people have or have had them. simple, durable, easy to work on, lots of available upgrades ect. Is she buying a XL5 or VXL version?
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    And uh, the thread title says Rustler, but your post says Stampede.......which is it? Either way, if your girlfriend is buying it for you, WHO CARES?

But to try and be helpful....the Rustler is a Stadium Truck, 2wd, and is sort of meant for racing (there used to be a class before Short Course took off) but is a real popular platform for just about anything you want to do with a 2wd chassis. The Stampede is a Monster Truck, also 2wd, but with higher ground clearance and bigger tires, mainly meant for "bashing" , but can be made to handle pretty well despite a higher CG with some aftermarket parts, so I'm told. The Rustler would probably be the faster of the two. Either platform is well-supported in any hobby store parts-wise too. If it's your first RC, take your time to get used to driving it. Look where you want to GO not at what you want to AVOID cuz you'll just hit it for sure. AH! Make sure to get an RPM front bumper for it!! RPM makes great parts for many of the Traxxas family, and a good bumper (rear one too if you can get one) will pay for itself many times over.
    Just a schmoe....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Why the rear bumper Rob? I myself don't get stuck, eliminated the need for a rear bumper. Come to think of it, my wheelie bar is sort of like a bumper, but it doesn't have a scratch on it, because like I said, I don't back up (Get stuck or lost and need to) and crash. I mainly use race mode, just because...
    If it works, take it apart and find out why.

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | Micro BL SCT | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Anything to help protect the car from nasty cartwheels. May not be "necessary". Might depend on your driving style (or lack thereof). The Rustlers don't have the most robust motor mounts.
    Just a schmoe....