Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Nothing but Problems with Team Associated.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nothing but Problems with Team Associated.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Sincityrdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nothing but Problems with Team Associated.

I am new to this forum and i really hate to start it off this way but i just bought a New Prolite 4x4 10th scale truck and i have had nothing but issues with my truck as well as the customer service. I listed below the issues that i have with my truck and any inside information would be awesome to hear!!! Thanks,

When I turn my truck on and drive it for only 2 min it will completely shut off and steering/throttle nothing works.
When it goes to turn off it drives by its self and goes wide open for a split second.
Car car not go anywhere over 10 ft from me or shuts down.
On the driveline to the rear end from the motor the little shaft that come out with the tensioner nut that has a flat spot was never tightened and now ruined.
the Speed controller was never securely attached to the chassis so i had to fix that before i even put a battery in.

Please any information would help me out as TA is really not helping me at all.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:21 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey bud welcome to this great forum...

ill try to help the best I can.

is brand new dead stock? u haven't changed the gearing or anything? and ur 100% sure the battery is fully charged?
Have u mounted the aerial and calibrated the ESC as per manual?

The most Important thing to do is read the manual. I know its boring but it only takes a few minutes

but it tells u things like....
u need to calibrate the ESC before using it
u also need to set up the ESC for what battery u are using. (ie set it up for nimh for the stock nimh battery)
it also has a installation guide for the ESC... ie physically mounting it to the chassis
a quide for checking and seting gear mesh (very important to know)
a guide for checking and adjusting the spiller (very important)

by the sounds the nut u are referring to is the nut to adjust the slipper? have a sus in the manual page 10 at the bottom.... is that the nut that's ruined?
can u elaborate more on what u mean by Flat spot, never tightened and ruined?

Is it the shaft or the nut that's damaged?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Sincityrdr

Thank you for helping me out! This is more help then the manufacture has been which is sad. But it is a brand new car right out of the box. I called them to help me out and they all told me that it should "know" what battery is on by auto detecting what type it was. I have had 3 people tell me that about my truck and think they are full of it lol. Then on the nut that you adjust the slipper with there is a shaft that comes out for the coupler that you set for the main drive shaft to go to the front completely is trashed due to it was never properly set from factory? So i had to move it and actually lock tite it to make it hold. I dont want to spend any more time and money on this truck when it is brand new and i should be having these problems ya know.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:13 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did calibrating the ESC and selecting mode help?
Old 01-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Cool_cris27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem with my traxxas slash 4x4 where it shuts off at like 10 ft. what i did is have the car on and the radio on and hold the ESC button for 10 seconds im not sure if it has to be off or on i dont remember but after that it worked fine with connection. also do what phaximus said make sure you calibrate it properly.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Sincityrdr

Thanks for the info. I talked to Associated and they are taking the car in to repair all the parts finally and i should have it back on friday for our backyard opening of our track lol.