Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need selft righting system for kids cars.... thoughts on this one....

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need selft righting system for kids cars.... thoughts on this one....

Old 01-26-2014, 04:57 AM
RC-twin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need selft righting system for kids cars.... thoughts on this one....

wanted to put some kind of self righting kit on my kids car.. found a few ideas on youtube, what do you guys think about this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTTrb1n6Uw&sns=tw
Old 01-26-2014, 06:13 AM
cumquat

i think it is causing more rolls than would normally be experienced, even with that erratic driving. rolling is part of the hobby and it allows us to call it exercise. many of us have had late night visions of a flipper mechanism but few have actually bothered because it would take more effort than running out and flipping it ourselves. if you want to try it, go ahead. it's your money in the end. i will say that it has one apparent flaw, it cant correct the car if it is laying on its side.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:58 AM
dirt101

I would just add a tall rollbar that way the car is very unlikely to stay on its top. Its one thing I love about my buggy. Due to it being very narrow with a tall wing, even when I do roll it about 80% of the time it ends up on its wheels.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:25 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like it causes more problem than it fixes.....
Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I remember playing with an Air Hogs car once that went really fast. It had a plastic semicircle on the top attached to the chassis that always flipped back over. You could make one out of a different material, but it is an idea.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that video in the first post is quality entertainment. What a ridiculous product.

You can get antenna tubes that do this. I didn't reply to this thread before because I was sure that someone would have mentioned them in the first reply...

Your mileage may vary of course, especially if they are heavy trucks... http://www.ebay.com/itm/GS-Racing-Ro...-/171195025439
Old 01-29-2014, 06:57 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

while I agree that the added weight will cause more rollovers....and that rollovers make for some good exercise, I think the OP did a pretty good job. fairly clean and looks to work well.
Only question, does the system reset? Or do you have to drive it back to you to reset the flipping mechanism?