Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Post That Part You Can't Find Anywhere...

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of creating a store to better serve the RC community. I would offer a deep selection of "Hard-to-find" parts, along with more Car and Truck items than you would find at the big outlets.

Would love some feedback on this idea.

Specifically, it would be great to know:

1) What parts you want, but can't find?

2) What your favorite brands are?

3) Any other info, that you think would be useful

Thanks, in advance for the feedback.

----------------

Also, if anyone has more time -- I have created a longer set of questions and posted it in a Google Form. You can check it out by visiting this link = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...dU1KV1k3MFE6MA

****TO BE CLEAR = This link is NOT any kind of affiliate link or a re-direct to some spammy website. It just takes you to a set of questions on a Free form that I created using Google.

Best,

Neil

Hi, I personally think this is an awesome idea.. as I spend ages trolling the net to find parts I want and when I do come across them they aren't for sale or sold out..

I find it hard to find Counter Steering gear arrangements for the centre front gear section of my Tamiya Ta06 Pro.
    I also cant find a front chassis stiffener made from blue alloy that is capable of supporting the IFS inner suspension set up.. ( I know Overdose does one but I can never find a retailer or a supplier) some of the Square brand products in blue alloy are great but sell out quickly.

I like GPM, Overdose and Square products, they are usually very good quality and look great too

Cheers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    i've had this exact thought many times and now with 3d printers, it's even more possible. however, the initial investment would be quite high and the possibility of success is sketchy at best. what would make the most money is not making the rare parts but rather making upgrades to make them usable in our power-hungry hobby. like instead of making replacement or upgrade idlers for the old rc10 gold pan 6 gear transmission you could make a whole new gearbox that uses the newer rc10 gears and slipper clutch. this way people can keep their old gold pans looking right but performing like a modern variant,
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'd like to see some HPI RS4 Rally parts, as if you search that on eBay, only about 20 results come up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    what kind of setup are you thinking? dedicated website or ebay store? it would be cool if there was a place for people who make custom pieces could have a real website to sell through instead of forums and ebay.

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Its a good idea for the community, but a bad idea as a business plan. you will sink SIGNIFICANT capital into building a stock of rare parts, as they are expensive, due to being rare. Then you won't sell them, because at the end of the day, people aren't looking for rare parts, if they were, they wouldn't be rare.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Its a good idea for the community, but a bad idea as a business plan. you will sink SIGNIFICANT capital into building a stock of rare parts, as they are expensive, due to being rare. Then you won't sell them, because at the end of the day, people aren't looking for rare parts, if they were, they wouldn't be rare.
    your logic is flawed yet true. some parts are rare because​ people are looking for them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    just sell stock Tamiya parts. It seems I can never find stock parts on ebay. and when I do, they ship from a world away.
    SC10 brushless, Tamiya Lunchbox, Stampede VXL, Tamiya Super Hornet, DTX CC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    also, getting RARE parts doesn't have to be that expensive, if you are willing to search high and low for older and rare rolling chassis. It is very often cheaper to buy a full roller and then clean it up and sell the parts. A person with a vintage running RC will pay $30 for a hard-to-find part, even tho you may have gotten the whole roller for $100. It will take time to sell off all the individual parts....and you will need to have many, many parts up for sale and it will take a good deal of time before you start to make any profit......but there is room for profit in such a venture.
    SC10 brushless, Tamiya Lunchbox, Stampede VXL, Tamiya Super Hornet, DTX CC

Quote Originally Posted by nitrosportsandrunner View Post
    just sell stock Tamiya parts. It seems I can never find stock parts on ebay. and when I do, they ship from a world away.
    I happily wait for them to arrive from far away as they are mucchhhhh cheaper!! but don't get the wrong it can be annoying waiting at times weeks for small things

nothing ventured and nothing gained.. its always worth a shot anyways.. and my own experience of selling things on and off on ebay is that rc car parts of all shapes and sizes sell very quickly and in demand

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by cumquat View Post
    your logic is flawed yet true. some parts are rare because​ people are looking for them.
    That's a different case. In your case, you are talking over-consumed, in my case, I'm talking under-demanded.

But yeh, we arrive at the same conclusion.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by R32GolfTA06 View Post
    I happily wait for them to arrive from far away as they are mucchhhhh cheaper!! but don't get the wrong it can be annoying waiting at times weeks for small things
    Dunno I found the cheapest shipping from China faster then the first, and last time I ordered from Tamiya USA.
    Got my parts from China in like a week, and a half Tamiya USA it took 3 weeks, and I paid over $15 for shipping(took em over 2, and a half weeks to ship it even)...
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I don't know, most of the parts I've looked for that are rare, are rare because they have stopped manufacturing them or they are on back order.

i can't see how it can be don't, how do u sell a product that's not available from a manufacture?

one company are doing something similar.... RC Recyclers, They are buying second hand parts and selling them of at a premium
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, 1/16 Ken Block
    Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e
    Great Vigor; V2000