RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Racing Advice - 1/12th

Old 01-29-2014, 02:47 AM
RCStuart007

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Racing Advice - 1/12th

Hi All

I am fairly new to RC Racing, had quite a few RC Vehicles over the years, however not really raced a huge amount.

Been racing Micro Buggies recently and very much enjoy, it is with a local club (Dudley Model Car Club (West Midlands UK)) doing okay got a few first places but certainly not dominant in anyway shape or form, but have caught the racing bug big time!!

Would like to go into a different class, my club the aforementioned do not race the 1/12th cars; however I am not fazed by travelling to get to races etc.
Would it be a giant leap i.e. a step too far to go into 1/12[SUP]th[/SUP] circuit racing? I have a huge admniration for the style of these cars and would love to buy, build and race one but wonder if I would be wasting my money and this type of racing is for those who are the F1 stars of the RC World even at club level??
I would very much like some advice and pointers even down to the model to get should I be able to race?

Many Thanks

Stuart
Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 AM
i8tweety

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As someone who has race 1/12 carpet for years, I say have at it. I've known quite a few people that started in the hobby with 1/12 spec class racing.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 AM
RCStuart007

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi

Exactly the sort of person I needed to reply for me, and very much the reply I had hoped for. I very much want to race 1/12th's. I did pop to my local hobby shop today and have a look at the 1/12 kits, they haven't got a huge amount but did offer the following one for me to consider, a "Calandra Carpet Knife" Is this a good starting point?

I have seen a Kyosho that took my fancy;
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/kyosho-p...ChassisID=1085

Any thoughts on these or any others that would be suitable?

Many Thanks

Stuart
Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 PM
i8tweety

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have 2 carpet knives and 4 corally 1/12 scales in my collection (also have a couple old kyosho fantom 4wd in the rc garage). As for a chassis, it is purely personal preference as all the top kits are equally competitive. Corally, xray, serpent, associated, Kyosho, yokomo, all offer great cars (there are several others as well)

Between the Crc and kyosho I would go with .... Both. I know the Crc is an excellent car but that kyosho is so sexy

Search this Thread