Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

nitro touring car

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 01:11 AM
dan rox 90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro touring car

hey im looking into buying a nitro drift car, I don't know if I should get 1/10 or 1/8 but I want it to be fast and a well known one not just any dodgy nitro touring car. I don't want to go any more then 400$. I was looking at the ofna ultra gt P2 and found the price 330$ and then I looked at another ofna drift car and it was 440$ it is the ofna dm-1 I found them on tower hobbies, im a newbie to nitro drift/touring and would like to know your suggestions on what car I should get. I wouldn't race them I just want it for a little road bash or car park bash.

thanks for your help
Old 02-26-2014, 03:02 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There isn't really many nitro drift cars around... Compare to electric there is no comparison. It's all about weigh balance. The standard general nitro touring car has a mid motor configuration where for drifting u need something with the weight up front and the nitro motors don't physically fit up front like the electric drift cars. So this is one class that u don't see many nitro's.... Nothing against nitro, it just doesn't work that will in the current configuration.

but here is the catch.... Drifting is easy and any car can do it blah blah blah
ive found myself and a few mates use to think we were drift kings... We could pull of some awesome stuff when bashing in carparks. And to us our cars handled great.... It wasn't till we went to our local track that we realised we actually are terrible.
What I'm trying to say is it really pays to get a proper drifter is u plan on going to a track. But if u are just planing on some big drifts in carparks anything will do.

There is a massive noticeable difference when driving a purpose built drift car vs a converted mid mount touring car.
A beginner will have more success with a 1/2 decent drifter than something converted. They are a lot easier to drive, u don't need as much speed to achieve the drift angles, and are more forgiving if u make mistakes. They can make a noob look like a novice. When a converted car can make a novice look like a noob.

One sucky thing.... Most 1/2 decent drift cars are belt driven.... And with the exposed belts they are not so good at carpark bashing... Well depending on how clean the surface is.

hope this helps u decide if u are looking for a pro drift car or something that u can thrash around in carparks
Old 02-26-2014, 03:11 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That DM1 look nice....I want one lol