Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

vaterra halix

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 04:09 PM
vaterrarunner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vaterra halix

Any one out there know where to get spur gear for halix
Old 03-13-2014, 05:14 PM
SD1

Ok, I hate for this to be my first post but here goes.

That gear has been back ordered for a month. It is used on at least three different vehicles, the Glamis Uno and Fear buggies and the Halix. All of these models are still in production yet the spare parts remain back ordered. I have attempted to contact Horizon on multiple occasions and have received no response. I have called them only to be told lies about when certain spare parts will be available.

It is known that these trucks and buggies, when run on 3S, will transfer so much heat through the motor mount and pinion that it melts the spur, even when using the included smaller pinion with proper mesh for 3S. Vaterra continues to ship them in their vehicles. The spur and slipper clutch setup are so proprietary that no other spur on the market will work with it.

The Halix is a brand new vehicle and yet one of the most needed spare parts remains unavailable for it.

Don't even get me started on the Glamis Uno rear camber mount. 8 weeks and still waiting.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:21 PM
vaterrarunner1

Robinson has one coming out steel different pitch hopefully before may
Old 03-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the pitch is changed the motor mount will probably have to be changed as well. The motor mount is indexed and you use the index for the pinion you're running. Change the pitch of the gears and there may not be an index in the mount that'll give you proper mesh for your desired pinion/spur combo. It'll be interesting to see what Robinson does in this case. I don't know of any hardened 48 pitch pinions that are availible since 48p spurs are all plastic and a new mount/spur combo could get pricey for some potential buyers.

Btw I found a stock spur on eBay, just search Vaterra Halix spur
Old 03-14-2014, 03:25 AM
vaterrarunner1

Thanks from what I read online. Mount will did order one on ebay hopefully its in stock
Old 03-14-2014, 06:48 AM
vaterrarunner1

Default halix

Thanks again bought last one