Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Custom Machine Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 10:15 PM
RC_monster94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Machine Shop

Does anyone know or have cnc shop where I can have a custom center differential gear made? I have the plastic piece and need a aluminum or steel one made. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:09 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you have a good local hardware shop, stop in and ask.
that is the kinda place a machine shop owner will shop often, and if its a good-old hardware shop the manager or others may know who owns a machine shop or know the owner personally. any good hardware store should be able to direct you to any plumber, construction, roofing, machining place.

I worked at such a hardware store and got to know a machine shop owner. one day I mentioned a RC project I wanted to do, and the idea interested him. he said if I wanted I could come down and work on it with him, for little more than the cost of the materials.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:34 AM
RC_monster94

Thanks for your help and I'll have to look into the hardware stores around here.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what RC is this for as a good chunk there is something you could adapt from another model the company makes.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Buttonmanb

I use rlchobbies.com they can custom make you anything. I have had custom gears made. exstended chassis you name it.