Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Can you identify what Traxxas model I have?

I bought this way back in the 90's. My son found it, and we need to get some replacement parts to get this guy running. I've been out of the game for a while and I was hoping some of the experts on here might have a clue about it. It has a lower stance so I assume it's more of a dune buggie versus a truck. I've scoured through wikipedia and the internet and cross referenced models of the era but none of them look like mine. Thanks in advance

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (1).jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	632.2 KB 
ID:	1981133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (2).jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	699.3 KB 
ID:	1981134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (3).jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	715.0 KB 
ID:	1981135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (4).jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	623.2 KB 
ID:	1981136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (5).jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	730.6 KB 
ID:	1981137,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    isn't that the traxxas hawk?
    Inferno GT​2 - RS4 2 - APEXmini touring - Baja 5T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    it looks fairly complete....what does it need to get running?
    if it needs a motor, esc, servo or other electronic part then you wont have any problem getting parts as most any 1/10 brushed gear can be used.
    if you need suspension/drivetrain parts it will depend on what exactly you need. Im not sure if any xl-5 bandit parts are compatible. several parts look the same (wheel hubs, driveshafts, ect) but may be just different enough that they wont work.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    There's still a few parts around for the Hawk. http://sabulatech.com/storefront/cat...d_category=139

Well I ordered some batteries for it. I still have the transmitter, the antenna was broken, so I ordered a new one off ebay. The antenna wire is broken off the car, I figured I could solder on some new wire? Any recommendations? I ordered a new antenna tube off ebay as well. I would like to get a new body for it. The two rear body mounts on the car are broken off and need to be replaced. I am not having much luck finding that part. Other than that I think it'll run just fine.(crossing fingers) Can't believe I bought this 25 years ago and its just been sitting around. Either way THANKS guys for all the help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    enjoy the process., sometimes >$$< is better to buy a new model... but is a great satisfaction to bring and old dusty car back to life.
    if you can't find the stock posts go to your LHS, take body mounts with you and try to match them with other brands... even if you have to drill a few holes here and there.
    good luck.