Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Can you identify what Traxxas model I have?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Can you identify what Traxxas model I have?

Old 03-24-2014, 02:21 PM
99cbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you identify what Traxxas model I have?

I bought this way back in the 90's. My son found it, and we need to get some replacement parts to get this guy running. I've been out of the game for a while and I was hoping some of the experts on here might have a clue about it. It has a lower stance so I assume it's more of a dune buggie versus a truck. I've scoured through wikipedia and the internet and cross referenced models of the era but none of them look like mine. Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpeg
Views:	826
Size:	632.2 KB
ID:	1981133   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).jpeg
Views:	868
Size:	699.3 KB
ID:	1981134   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (3).jpeg
Views:	826
Size:	715.0 KB
ID:	1981135   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).jpeg
Views:	818
Size:	623.2 KB
ID:	1981136   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (5).jpeg
Views:	963
Size:	730.6 KB
ID:	1981137  
Old 03-24-2014, 03:06 PM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't that the traxxas hawk?
Old 03-24-2014, 03:13 PM
On2_n_On4

http://first10yearsoftraxxas.blogspot.com/p/hawk.html
Old 03-24-2014, 05:35 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it looks fairly complete....what does it need to get running?
if it needs a motor, esc, servo or other electronic part then you wont have any problem getting parts as most any 1/10 brushed gear can be used.
if you need suspension/drivetrain parts it will depend on what exactly you need. Im not sure if any xl-5 bandit parts are compatible. several parts look the same (wheel hubs, driveshafts, ect) but may be just different enough that they wont work.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

There's still a few parts around for the Hawk. http://sabulatech.com/storefront/cat...d_category=139
Old 03-25-2014, 03:57 PM
99cbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I ordered some batteries for it. I still have the transmitter, the antenna was broken, so I ordered a new one off ebay. The antenna wire is broken off the car, I figured I could solder on some new wire? Any recommendations? I ordered a new antenna tube off ebay as well. I would like to get a new body for it. The two rear body mounts on the car are broken off and need to be replaced. I am not having much luck finding that part. Other than that I think it'll run just fine.(crossing fingers) Can't believe I bought this 25 years ago and its just been sitting around. Either way THANKS guys for all the help.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:38 PM
On2_n_On4

enjoy the process., sometimes >$$< is better to buy a new model... but is a great satisfaction to bring and old dusty car back to life.
if you can't find the stock posts go to your LHS, take body mounts with you and try to match them with other brands... even if you have to drill a few holes here and there.
good luck.