Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ideas and thoughts on what colour???

Ok, I need help. My clodBuster to 1/7 hummer project is nearing completion and its time to start some body work.

A while ago a wise old man suggested it looks a bit "ghetto", after some serious thought I agree. There is just to much bling. It's like Xzibit meats Chuck Norris. as cool as that is it's not really the look I'm looking for.

im leaning towards something like matte green with matte black over the chrome.

anyway here are some progress shots.

And a short dodgy video....on a 195mm/7.8" stump Lol
    Last edited by phmaximus; 03-25-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e, River Hobby X-Ranger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Bright Pink

Seriously I've seen a bright pink H2 before my jaw almost hit my steering wheel when I saw it...

Could always make it look like an army hummer.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I was going to say a matte or dark green...great minds think alike.

I would personally forgo any chrome. all the chrome stuff I would paint either black or maybe a gray. Im anti-chrome.
    lots of people like big chrome rims...yuk. give me some nice black or gunmetal wheels any day. seriously, give me some, im to dang poor to buy any!

that's a cool video. not that much clod stall. what electronics are you using?

id also add a skid plate on the front. hide some of the steering bits and aid in approach angle. (let the front ride up without smashing the body)

those tires look pretty cool with that body!

I got another exceed mad torque and will be building a big crawler again. Not sure how I will do it yet, but I want to build a '87 Toyota body for it....one that will look scale with the 6.5'' tall mad torque wheels
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    just did a google search and found this picture.

I like the black, especially with the roof rack. it looks tough without looking like a military vehicle. the chrome on the running boards doesn't even look bad (a little bit of chrome can look good I guess)
    throw on a few other crawler type scale accessories and it could look killer in a semi gloss black.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hummer.gif 
Views:	13 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	1981504
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Bright pink.... Ahh no way lol.

ive defiantly considered black... I've even thought about using spray on black plasti dip....but then again I do like gloss black

but yeah u know what I'm talking about.... I want it tough like a military vehicle with out looking like one...

Ok what about gloss black and leave the chrome for now with black wheels and fake chrome bead lock rings...

PS it's running on dual 320a ESC with d/b (ebay special with fan) dual RC4WD 80t motors on dual 3s 5500mah lipo's in parallel
    with any luck I'll be able to get the bits to hack my GT3c so I can run a digital electronic DIG. Hopefully with DIG and a few adjustments to the throttle curve it should be able to climb that stump a lot smoother....that video was literally the first drive since geting the suspension finished so my throttle controll is all over the place
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e, River Hobby X-Ranger