Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

funnest off-road to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Cool_cris27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default funnest off-road to drive?

Whats the fastest, Funnest, Durable, easily customizable with lot of after market part available, off-road vehicle, electric rc out there right now?
Old 04-06-2014, 02:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends for what I like my SCX10, and liked wheely king(getting a 100% overhaul)

The Stampede 4X4(as much as I hate to say it) is a pretty fun truck, and highly customizable to the point it can be in almost any class. and lets face it there are probably enough aftermarket parts to build one from scratch not using a single stock part.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:05 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Proline Pro 2..... It's like a slash with out been a Traxxas....lol
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Proline Pro 2..... It's like a slash with out been a Traxxas....lol
too funny!

but I have to admit, the slash, rustler and stampede vxl's all pretty much fit the description. over other options, they have one of the widest array of aftermarket parts. they are certainly fast with a lipo battery, are fun on/off road and are fairly durable stock and tough as nails with rpm parts.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

IMHO off road is not really much fun without 4 wheel drive. For me, Monster Trucks fit the off-road bill. The fastest MT is probably the E/Revo but I'm more of a Losi fan myself. There's always Truggies too but I've never had one.

I'm one of those guys that believes if an R/C has to be highly modified to be durable and fast, I don't want it. I'd rather spend the money on something tough out of the box. Traxxas rigs can get expensive swapping out all those crappy stock parts to make them tough enough.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 PM
phmaximus

Sorry bud, I respectfully disagree. in my experience there is no durability issues with STOCK RTR Traxxas vehicles. They are just as good a its competition.

Its just with traxxas u have the option to use aftermarket parts to make the vehicle indestructible..... so while ur buddies are pulling of some big jumps on the track, u can take a RPM decked out traxxas and go jump the clubhouse showing them how its done

or visit proline to get some more adjustments for guys that like to tweek there setups

or there is a ton of alloy parts for the bling bling guys
Old 04-08-2014, 03:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Sorry bud, I respectfully disagree. in my experience there is no durability issues with STOCK RTR Traxxas vehicles. They are just as good a its competition.

Its just with traxxas u have the option to use aftermarket parts to make the vehicle indestructible..... so while ur buddies are pulling of some big jumps on the track, u can take a RPM decked out traxxas and go jump the clubhouse showing them how its done

or visit proline to get some more adjustments for guys that like to tweek there setups

or there is a ton of alloy parts for the bling bling guys
for me, the vxl models (2wd, 4wd, 1/10) all need alloy shock caps. they benefit greatly from a rpm front bumper. I tire quickly of snapped drive shafts. granted, how you drive, where you drive and what battery you use will have a large effect of the durability of the stock shafts (and the stock spur gear) but IMO traxxas should update those things so the trucks can actually handle the power of the vxl system on a 3s lipo. but they have no motivation to do so, they make good money on those slider shafts!

but I do agree that those models are as durable out of the box as their competition.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:07 PM
phmaximus

not wrong about the RPM bumper I do receomend them but not for a track and highspeed runs. they actually create not downforce but upforce. I guess that's why typical racing trucks of the same class don't have front bumpers.

cant say Ive had any issues with shock caps... I suspected that's limited to older vehicles without the rear bumpstops and the ballends not tightened all the way on the shock shaft causing the piston to hit the cap... and another contributing factor.... over filled shocks...

and plastic sliders..... again that's only limited to older vehicles and with the steel diff yoke it somewhat solves that issue... they new traxxas lineup is running the larger 4x4 style sliders and I don't think there is any reports of them braking on stock setups. and if u do manage to somehow brake them there is the X01 style shafts sold as a optional part... and no way u would brake them on a 2wd

Last edited by phmaximus; 04-08-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:13 PM
phmaximus

traxxas need a platinum edition...

imagine a slash 2wd platnuim...
LCG chassis
ball diff
x01 axles
alloy castor blocks
alloy turnbuckles
Alloy 4x4 bellcrank
soft compound tyres

all of those are current upgrades...
Old 04-08-2014, 04:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

traxxas need a platinum edition...

imagine a slash 2wd platnuim...
LCG chassis
ball diff
x01 axles
alloy castor blocks
alloy turnbuckles
Alloy 4x4 bellcrank
soft compound tyres

all of those are current upgrades...
I doubt they would do that. they make more money selling the individual upgrades.

I had a stampede 4x4, all stock. on 3s, blow the drive shafts fairly often. Again, where and how you drive will make a difference. loose dirt/sand will save the shafts. high traction pavement or dry grass will cause them to snap (again, more so with a 3s lipo)

One thing I like about most other similar trucks is the use of a dogbone. Ive replaced far less dogbones in my time than I have traxxas slider shafts.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:02 AM
phmaximus

I think it's just the stampede.... The 2wd stampede is the same... They don't like 3s.

Makes sence when when up think about it... The tyres really effect traction and rollout that increases the torque across the sliders. But then to think of it I don't know manny 1/10 monster trucks than can do 70 mph on 3s lipo reliably
Old 04-10-2014, 08:35 PM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the answer is finally here http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...asoline-Engine
or http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...asoline-Engine take your pick