Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas 4x4 bellcrank issue solved

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:14 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Traxxas 4x4 bellcrank issue solved

hey guys, im running a Traxxas 4x4 bellcrank in a rustler chassis in a Slash 2wd.... Last time I hit the track, I noticed on medium speed, bumpy turns my front steering was shaky and had a little more understeer than normal

Turns out the servo saver in the 4x4 bellcrank is to loose and its non adjustable, after a bit of googling I found im not alone... some are ok some are not so good. Most people used some big shims to correct the issue...

So ive pulled mine apart to measure what shims I need,..... but... I noticed for a free fix all u have to do is fit the spring retainer upside down.

Its a royal pain in the butt to get it all back together because its so tight, but it works

At this stage im calling this a temp fix for people that are planing to shim that want to see the difference with out costing anything.
I do recommend shiming over this method because the spring can cock slightly sideways but so far there is no undesired effects from that.