Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Which truck have the better parts out-of-the box?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which truck have the better parts out-of-the box?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:57 AM
JENC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which truck have the better parts out-of-the box?

Hi

I'm looking to buy a LIPO capable 4WD truck. It will be for bashing only including grass, so I'm targeting truggy/Stadium type (or low-gravity monster truck or high clearance buggy).

I have read many of the recommendation threads. Almost all of these ends up with recommendations like: "Expect to replace the stock ESC / shocks / axles / etc.. etc..."

I'm not bashing hard, racing or anything, and my preference will be to get the brand that is most durable and solid out of the box. (I also dislike the idea of a manufacturer selling a product that is insufficient already at starting point)

I can add to this, that I'm thinking of getting a 4S ready truck and run it 3S. Or 3S and run it 2S, etc.

So my question basically is

- Is there a consensus as to which truck/brand provide the best quality of the parts out-of-the-box? (all things from radio to esc/motor, axles, etc)

It also seems that threads ends up stating that for best driveability "expect to change... a), b), c)"

So a secondary question is:

- Is there a consensus as to which truck/brand has the best driveability out-of-the box?

Thanx
Jens
Denmark
Old 04-22-2014, 04:33 PM
SandyBottom

Take a look at the OFNA Ultra-2e. I have had the nitro version for 2+ yrs and could not be happier.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:17 PM
rowdy3128

I don't own a lot of trucks ''just two'' but I just bought the traxxas telluride,and I'm very happy with it.....I plain to change bodys & tires....but I change this on all my trucks.....for my stampede I have 5 bodys & 3 sets of tires....
Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 AM
cumquat

an 8th scale buggy will work for your uses. the chassis will drag in grass but those motors are ridiculously powerful so it wont bee too much of an issue. start out on a 4s and later, if you feel the need, slap in a 6s. as a rule, 6th scale buggies are among the most durable vehicles you'll come across. most are either designed for racing or based off a chassis designed for racing and you cant win if you break on the first botched landing.