Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I woke up naked in a drunken haze

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Erm, nah. That would be my third savage with a different power source, since neither of the other two really floated my boat after all is said and done, I won't be bothering with this one, but I like the applications for the little gas engine, already having ideas.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:27 PM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fine then, get the losi!
your kid doesn't need a college fund.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:30 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have occasionally splurged on my builds. With over 100 cars (only the vintage ones are approximately stock), a dozen planes, half dozen helix, and 10 large scale gas boats...hmmm... I guess that's more than occasionally. I've spent over $15k on the boats alone.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxy
Nearly $3k on a crawler, 9 months to build it to perfection, one run, decided I didn't like crawling after all. lol. Its for sale if anyone is interested in a world class comp crawler (seriously, take it to the worlds tomorrow) for silly discount because I just had to build the best of the best. The time that went just into the setup is phenomenal. After this I am taking a break from RC purchases for a LOONG time.
Wow. And I thought I was bad with some of the spending I do on my gear. I generally don't have to have the best, but I admit to being a bit of a snob about some things and always want quality stuff like Futaba, huge torque Hitec servos and big ass Castle motors/esc's or Tekin. The snob part being a refusal to buy any of the products offered on sites such as Hobbyking. I always saw the products as too cheap, unproven, hit or miss and would rather spend more for quality and warranty. I have made exceptions for Turnigy Lipos and will be trying out some servos soon for my cheap Ground Pounder build. But it's going to take a lot for me to buy a motor or esc off Hobbyking. I'd consider a Hobbywing though, which I never thought I'd say. Can't believe I own a RedCat either.

I knew new crawlers can get pricey real quick but I didn't think that expensive! It'll take a little longer but you'll get more of your investment back if you part that bad boy out. With low run time on the parts they should be pretty easy to move too.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:13 AM
turok007

years ago i would buy every alloy or carbon part then sell the car as i didn't want to ruin it. lol
Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Ttowntoolman

Just purchased a new 4s lipo for oval racing. 6950mah 100c in the one fifty range price wise.....could have got two or three hobby king lipo's for the price but no cant buy the cheep shiz...........I did buy a couple of HK lipo's last year and ended up just putting them aside for bashing. They were too wimpy for racing, got freekin HOT in 4 minutes figured they would just puff up. I actually seen a few guys tryin to get by with cheep lipo's (Turnigy) and they went up in smoke. Majic smoke from the lipo = bad day at race track.

My turnigy and zippy packs are still alive, but I exclusively use them for bashing. I ran Gens ace 5000mah 40c packs last year for racing. They worked fine for me and were in-expensive @ $70 each. This year, I just wanted MORE.