Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

changes with redcat...good or bad?

Old 05-07-2014, 06:41 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default changes with redcat...good or bad?

Ok guys, so I haven't sold redcat stuff for some time now, but im still a registered dealer and thus get info on new stuff from them.

I just got a thing about being able to get upto 7,500 dollars worth of stuff for 45 days at 0 interest. This seems an attempt to boost sales for current dealers. the better the stock you have, the more you can sell and support your sales. and must of us know that one of the issues with redcat is that some areas lack any brick and mortar store support. maybe this will help that some?
There are also offering new banners, promo videos and other stuff you would expect to see from a brand at your local hobby shop.

The earthquake 3.5 will now have a O.S. engine instead of the SH. Im not a big nitro guy, but aren't the O.S. motors considered pretty good?

Their 1/8 terromoto has sold very well, and they will have a 1/10 scale version out this summer.

and many of their models have gotten a refresh, new bodies or paint schemes. new tires on some. and some have been upgraded to "water resistant" electronics (I haven't tested these, so I cant say how good they are)

I know redcat isn't for everyone. If you can afford the big brand stuff, there is really know reason to buy a redcat. But good or bad, they seem to be growing and trying new things. And it seems like they have released many new models in the past years (even if some, like the StrykR) were not that great)

Im sure a post like this will get some neg comments, but then any post about a specific brand can do that. I have just found it interesting seeing what redcat has been doing/changing in the past few years.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O.S. engines are definitely good engines. SH engines aren't bad either but SH also builds to the spec and price point of the customer too so it depends on the engine. I'm curious if the O.S. engines in these Redcats are going to have O.S. markings on them or if they're being built for Redcat by O.S. If they have O.S. markings on them Redcat likely doesn't have much say in materials and price point. But if O.S. is just manufacturing them for Redcat like SH does then they might not be like other O.S. engines at all.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:53 AM
Large Larry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like they are stepping up their game, if they can pull it off they might take a big chunk of the bashing market from the likes of Traxxas and HPI. The Terremoto looks pretty cool, I might pick one up some time in the future.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:38 AM
Ttowntoolman

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
O.S. engines are definitely good engines. SH engines aren't bad either but SH also builds to the spec and price point of the customer too so it depends on the engine. I'm curious if the O.S. engines in these Redcats are going to have O.S. markings on them or if they're being built for Redcat by O.S. If they have O.S. markings on them Redcat likely doesn't have much say in materials and price point. But if O.S. is just manufacturing them for Redcat like SH does then they might not be like other O.S. engines at all.
Yea like the engines that came in the duratrax nitro evader kinda sucked. Was advertised as an OS engine but had no OS marking on it. It ran and performed OK, but had a soft non abc liner and kinda went away in a gallon of fuel or so.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by Ttowntoolman
Yea like the engines that came in the duratrax nitro evader kinda sucked. Was advertised as an OS engine but had no OS marking on it. It ran and performed OK, but had a soft non abc liner and kinda went away in a gallon of fuel or so.
interesting, didn't know that OS had done that with duratrax.
to my knowledge, the price of the earthquake isn't going up.....so this could lend to the thought that it will be a "OS" engine built to redcats price point. But who knows, maybe they struck a good deal with OS.

I have still always felt that redcat's electrics are better than their nitros. Their pro 1/8 nitros are reputed to be decent all around, but they are maybe $100 less than some of the competition. There may be some Ofna models that are about the same cost.

With their electrics, many of them are a fair bit cheaper than the competition. They may not be as durable, but I have had many that performed well and I felt that given the cost I go a lot for my money. The EPX pro line are RTR 1/10 4wd and brushless for $200. Cant get a brushed 2wd traxxas for that. Is a stock EPX pro as tough as a stock rustler? Not quiet. But it can take some abuse and with a few mods and tweaks is as good as a stock rustler.

but then, traxxas and other big name RC has aftermarket support. If Redcat could gain this, I think it would be a huge boost for the brand. If I could have bought RPM arms and hinge mounts for my Mirage Pro, I never would have sold it. It was crazy fast, looked cool, out performed a axial exo but the material of the suspension arms and hinge mounts was brittle. One major problem, but no way to solve it. Not like with a traxxas rustler, that has weak driveshafts that you can just upgrade to steel cvds.

We live in interesting times with regards to RC. Ive been in the hobby 7-8 years now, and it certainly seems like the hobby is growing.

I don't see redcat taking a big chunk out of the market from traxxas tho. Even in a interview with redcat owner, he said they don't view themselves as competing with traxxas/hpi/losi ect. Their goal has been more towards a more "wallet" friendly price point while still providing models that are hobby grade and have parts support/warranty.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:24 PM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waiting to see where Redcat is in 5 years. It seems that weather good or bad, they have their name out there and it is becoming a well known name. A lot new people have heard of Redcat and not Ofna,Kyosho, and even Tamiya. And both Traxxas and Redcat being available online at walmart.com, more people are going to see them. I seem to recall that 8-10 years ago Traxxas did not have a very good name or were the new kids in town. I dunno, time will tell.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ive found that even in my area more have learned of redcat. it used to be any time I drove a redcat I got asked if it was a traxxas.

traxxas may be been doing the biz redcat is doing 10 years back....but im not sure if traxxas was importing (like redcat is) or if they started building their own models. Many feel redcat is not a "real" rc company because they do not produce the models they sell. And there is a measure of truth to that feeling.

Only time will tell, but I think I am safe in saying that many felt that redcat would have faded away by now. but instead they seem to be growing. I do hope they can increase their dealer base (and increase the number of GOOD sellers) as this will be a big part of them succeeding and gaining a better name.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:05 AM
turok007

ok im finally going to say it. if company's did what traxxas have done they will sell a lot more. let me explain just use the same parts for years and years. lol i only got traxxas because the parts are very easy to get. then again i really think a RC car should have a limited life. not just reuse the same chassis year after year. but if you look at some of the tamiya kits they use the same chassis but have a ton of different bodies for it. and they seem to still sell well. a company should build something that can be easily added to. just look at the T maxx the gearbox and diffs could be used very easily on many types of car.

and if traxxas had released the S-TRYK-R it would of been headline news. i really wanted one but spares are not around for it.
[h=1][/h]

Last edited by turok007; 05-11-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:00 AM
thehuntingterminator

My biggest problem with brands like Redcat and brands similar to it are the parts support/lack of brick and mortar store support, and the fact that many of their vehicles are made by Himoto or other OEM. Although I do feel like they are slowly moving in the right direction.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:04 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by thehuntingterminator
My biggest problem with brands like Redcat and brands similar to it are the parts support/lack of brick and mortar store support, and the fact that many of their vehicles are made by Himoto or other OEM. Although I do feel like they are slowly moving in the right direction.
I too feel this is one of the bigger issues. If you buy a traxxas/losi/hpi you can get spare parts at just about any B&M store. Buy a redcat, and chances are you will be buying spare parts online. There are some B&M stores that carry redcat, and some stores that are Just redcat products. But these are few and far between.
I think this is one reason redcat started the 45 days/no payment/no interest. I think they want to make it easier for B&M stores to stock their products.

Turok, I like the point you make about the StrykR. If traxxas had released it then it would have been big news. Even tho (IMO) the StrykR was not that great (poorly balanced and little traction) had traxxas released it then it still would have been praised by many.

Many point out that redcat sells stuff that is also sold under other names and all come from the same OEM. This is true for some models. Redcat in fact has at least 5 companies building models for them! That is one reason some of their stuff is so varied. Their 1/10 epx line all comes from the same place, but their 1/10 2wd buggy and stadium truck come from another. Thus they have different plastics, construction methods and different electronics.
And with any of these big OEM companies that make and brand models for other companies, they do so to the price point and specs of the company buying them. Some exceed and redcat models have the same chassis, but not identical electronics. Depending on what the company wants, this can be good or bad.

If redcat can do 2 things:
1) increase B&M store support, being carried by more hobby shops
2) if they take feedback from customers and change products when needed (not as easy for them as for traxxas, as they don't produce the products)
then they should continue to grow.

But considering the number of RC companies to choose from, I do think it would be hard for redcat to become in the same league as traxxas/hpi/losi ect. And im not sure that they have that as a goal either. They consider themselves "entry level". I consider them hobby grade, but not all of their stuff is as "upgradable" as a traxxas model would be. But I also feel you get more for your money (brushless for the price of a brushed)

But who knows, I mean, HPI is not doing any better than redcat IMO. they have released several poor quality models in recent times. I know some who wont buy an HPI right now. and while traxxas is riding high right now....will customers in general get tired of the re-used chassis and thus sales slow?
7 years has gone buy since I started RC, and some things have changed a lot. so in 7 years....who knows what the companies will be like and how the models will have improved.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:46 PM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going out on a limb here, but what if Redcat is just testing the waters with which company they will ultimately use as a supplier? More "New" vehicles have come out by Redcat than pretty much the other big 3 in the last two years and not just body swaps. I mean every company has to have certain suppliers for their brand wheather it's drivetrain,plastics,bodies, etc... They could be using different suppliers untill they have an actual plan. I may be in left field on this idea but for some reason that I do not know, I'm rooting for them! I don't know why but I always go against the grain...
Old 05-11-2014, 03:10 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

call it going against the grain...or rotting for the little guy, the under dog.
It is possible they are testing some of the new models/suppliers.
But as you mention, by using multiple suppliers they have also been releasing several new models recently.
They even gave planes a shot. that didn't go well, partly because the models they were selling they didn't get at a good enough price (just my opinion)
and I don't think they advertised them much. It was more like they got a deal and a bunch of planes and bought them just to see how they would sell.

It does seem they are trying new things. and IMO, that is not a bad thing. just think what would happen if traxxas were willing to take some risks!!!
Old 05-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Maj_Overdrive

Through work I went to a small local distributor of static models and hobby supplies. When I asked about carrying rc models he said never again. Apparantly in the 80's and early 90's he got stuck with lots of older model vehicles and parts when the new models would come out. Back in the day before the internet was big, this was a bigger deal than it is now. But in a way the LHS still has this concern too. I know of a shop with a clearance rack of outdated parts of stuff like HPI belt drive RS4 (no super don't ask), MT, etc.

So while you complain about Traxxas using the same platform for multiple vehicles the hobby shops love it. They don't have to stock as many parts to fix the vehicles they sell or that come in. A customer can come in with a stock black chassis Rustler and leave with a new brushless system and the tranny parts to make it live. Same goes for an old Tmaxx. Ok some things like axles from the 3.3 won't bolt on without the new knuckles, but the LHS can sell them the parts to keep it going without buying a whole new truck. This makes the customer and the LHS happy. Convince the LHS that the company and that the current model lineup won't change next year and you'll see more shops Carey RedCat and stock parts. I have a LHS that has been carrying a single IMEX 4wd truck. They keep a couple on hand throughout the year and order a bunch for Xmas as the low cost alternative to the big brands. When everything else in the store is $300+ the $200(?) Imex can be attractive to some buyers hesitant about getting into rc. So there are shops willing to consider brands other than Traxxas, HPI, etc.

I think the comment about lack of aftermarket support for RedCat is very true. With aftermarket support they could potentially be better vehicles and more attractive vehicles. But their image, popularity and availability need to change before RPM starts making parts for them. IMO that image is deserved from what I've seen and I think RedCat and the other clones are barely hobby grade. Yeah they have replaceable parts and are built better than the toys at Radio Shack but they still break easier and wear out faster than the big brands. I don't care how cheap it is I want the big brushless power I'm used to and the drivetrain to handle it with no more issues than Traxxas has. Replacing pot metal diffs shouldn't be a regular maintenance procedure. I've worked on and driven a few RedCats and I currently have a RedCat Ground Pounder that's frustrating the hell out of me after breaking 2 axles last weekend.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

at least a model like the ground pounder does have some aftermarket support.

which brings me to another thought....can companies like RPM make parts for redcat models? Where redcat is really just a distrubuter and not the mfg of the models, can another company make parts for them? I cant say I know how it works, but does rpm need consent from traxxas to make parts for traxxas models? If so, then redcat may not be able to give that consent since they don't own all the rights to the design of their models.
The ground pounder (as I understand it) was a collaboration between redcat and Kershaw (or some other known brand, cant recall for sure) so that may be why there are a few aftermarket parts.
The 1/5 scale models also have some aftermarket support (pipes and hex adaptors at least)
And Tbone racing makes some bumpers (on par with rpm stuff) for a few of the 1/10 and 1/8 scale models.

But the fact remains, many of redcat's models have a few issues that a good aftermarket part could fix with ease. If the EPX line had some aftermarket dogbones (the thickness is OK, but material could be harder) and maybe some RPM quality wheel hubs, then they would be much much better models. If someone would make a alloy diff case for the 8e line, I would buy a 8e again. the diffs would hold up but the diff case uses self taping screws. That is a bad place for them and the case at some point will flex and you will eat some ring or pinion gears.
Now, the Savage flux is known to chew up diffs on 6s...but you have aftermarket options available.
Traxxas slider shafts suck, but you have several CVD and metal slider shafts you could upgrade to.
Thus....the flaws in a redcat stand out much more since you don't have much upgrade options. Many don't complain about traxxas slider shafts, they just buy some MIP or even integy driveshafts and be done with it. so the flaw in the traxxas design (and it is a flaw, there is no reason to continue using them on the brushless models) gets largely overlooked. (this is my opinion guys, and im not bashing traxxas, I still own traxxas and likely always will)

Maj, I feel your pain with the ground pounder. If the axles' plastic was better and the lower link mounts were better then I would still own one. It is actually a better replication of a monster truck than the wheely king. But it just doesn't hold up as well

My local hobby shop still has a few redcat nitro 1/8 models....models that are 4 or 5 years old (previous models) but they still have the original price. And ive asked and they have a huge box of redcat parts....that no one knows about! Ive asked why they stopped selling redcats and the only answer was "it was a pain, they suck to deal with". Ive delt with them as a customer and a dealer and rarely had any issue. Sometimes it is frustrating that they don't always know the specs on parts and their manuals could use some work (put that in with the lack of aftermarket support as an issue) but other than that I have had good experiences with them.

I sit on a fence. That fence is one where I want fun, fast, durable rc models that wont break the bank. for each of us, the $ amount that will break the bank differs. A local racer has spent $15k in the past 7 years! I have probly spent 5k in 9 years (much of which I got back when I sold older models)
If im sitting with $200 in hand and can buy a new model...and I want a brushless I simply cannot buy a traxxas. even used brushless rarely show up under $225. so a RTR epx pro fits the bill. Is it as tough as a slash or rustler.....no, but close. Is it as tough as a fully rpm'ed slash, heck no. But that is comparing apples to oranges.

wow, im starting to ramble

I will admit to you guys, that while I have bought some brand new redcat models, several of the ones I have owned I got used and at killer prices. I got a RTR volcano epx pro (brushless) for $90 on ebay. I had a $90 redcat RS10 rock crawler, again, RTR. When you can find a used redcat that is brushless for those prices, why not buy one. I beat on that volcano, then sold the chassis and used the BL system in another truck. I got a lot of value for my money.

Oh, im eager to see if the Redcat SCALER truck will really happen by fall as I have been told. It will not be based on the crawlers, but a scx style chassis. If they do it right, it could be a great rig. the axial models are awesome, but not everyone can drop $300-$400. And I think it is within redcat's power to give a scaler type truck with ladder chassis and a decent body with a price around $200. The RS10 is possibly the best low-cost crawler. out of the box it will beat a scx10 and give a ax10 a run for its money (due largely to the added 4ws function)
I would never have owned a axial crawler if not for Redcat. I didn't think crawling could be fun, but wanted to give it a try anyway. but I was not going to spend $300+ on something I would likely get rid of. Enter the redcat RS10. $160 shipped to your door, a crawler with 4 wheel steering. Me and a friend both bought one and they were a blast. I have owned 3 or 4 rs10s by now (lost count). after owning the rs10, I was willing to fork over some dough for a scx10. owned a few of them by now as well.
And that folks, is what redcat Can be (isn't always tho) is a stepping stone. want a nitro but cant afford a $300 traxxas? get a $160 shockwave. It will be fun, and then wear out after a gallon of fuel. still like nitro? sell the redcat and "upgrade" to a traxxas. You may have spent more money in the long run, but if you found you hated nitro then you will have saved money.

whops, still rambling. time to go to bed
Old 05-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Maj_Overdrive

Aftermarket companies don't need permission to make parts as long as they're different enough from the stock parts they replace. RPM parts are always thicker at the mounting points and have enough differences in looks and dimensions from stock parts that there's no copyright issue or anything like that. The only "permission" part would be if RPM asked for technical drawings for a stock part they intended to offer an alternative to.

The Ground Poinder was developed in conjunction with Crawford Performance Engineering. I researched the Pounder a bit before buying one but not in the right places apparantly as I've found more info since. Stuff like hardend diff gears are a CPE aftermarket item, the axle housing plastic is the same sucky stuff I've seen on other RedCats and clones, and so on. I expected the type of plastic, but I also thought it would be thicker and better designed. My refusal to spend $80 on axle braces and making my own instead is causing some fits too. I'd have been better off buying the Pounder chassis plates and stuffing it with a Wraith trans and axles. The funny part is the Pounder parts I'd get rid of are basically worthless, so I'd be better off selling the truck whole, then buying another set of chassis plates to stuff the Wraith parts in.

You are right about every vehicle having it's issues though.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:14 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

$80 for axle braces is NUTS.
that may bring up another issue....not as many redcats are sold as traxxas/hpi/losi. so any aftermarket company to make parts is doing so for a smaller market. That means smaller run on said parts. That means the development cost doesn't get spread out as much.
Still, $80 is steep even if it is a limited run for a single model.

I didn't have any issues with my GP other than the axle braces/lower link mounts. But I stuck with the stock motor. Im sure upgrading the motor to a faster brushed or certainly a brushless would require some driveline upgrades.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:20 AM
turok007

also if it wasn't for aftermarket parts from other company's traxxas might of failed on some of there models.

Last edited by turok007; 05-12-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:11 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by turok007
also if it wasn't for aftermarket parts from other company's traxxas might of failed on some of there models.
an interesting thought. and could be true. the tmaxx and emaxx benefit greatly from alloy bulkheads and steel driveshafts. The rustler/bandit/slash/pede and nearly all their models benefit from RPM upgrades. I can say I have seen more than a few traxxas models that had MORE money in aftermarket parts than the model itself cost!

One thing redcat did that I felt was kind of impressive....they went 2.4ghz on nearly all their models before other companies like traxxas did.

traxxas is here to stay. we may complain about the re-use of chassis on their "new" models but the fact is this has largely worked in their behalf.
Will redcat be able to continue to grow while having a diverse model line (with multiple mfg)?
Will they ever produce a model themselves?
Will enough B&M stores decide to carry redcat?
Will they release a SCT spec truck? (doubt this, they haven't aimed for racing thus far. the backdraft/monsoon being the exceptions)
Do they read stuff said about them in forums? If I owned a RC company, I would scan the forums to see what the RC community felt about my products!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 AM
turok007

also just want to add to the aftermarket parts. even the biggest traxxas fans boys say this or that truck is the best they have owned but they have replaced everything with RPM and they dumped the VXL system straight away.

also if one day traxxas gets some real competition they will be in the **** as most of there stuff is based on the same couple of chassis so trying to bring out a new line might be a issue keeping the older stuff going. the traxxas plan is working but as i said before they really have to have a cut off point and stop selling a certain model. and as companys make almost every part anyway i think they could stop making some products and move forwards. (i made this up long ago) head of traxxas walks into the design room and says you are free to design and make what you want. but just before he leaves the room he says but you can only use the existing parts. lol

and im sure traxxas only looks at there own forum. lol
Old 05-12-2014, 01:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

agreed, most traxxas models are the bomb...after you put all RPM stuff on it.
Naturally then, nearly every traxxas I have ever owned was bought used, with upgrades already on.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:34 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry, but I've only had horrible luck with Redcats and Exceeds. My Rally Monster's engine died after a gallon and constantly needed repairs (mostly plastic related), and my RS10 had so many electrical problems. Both just sit in my garage, taking up space...

But if Redcat makes a scaler.... I'm getting one ASAP.

Last edited by collector1231; 05-12-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:44 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by collector1231
Sorry, but I've only had horrible luck with Redcats and Exceeds. My Rally Monster's engine died after a gallon and constantly needed repairs (mostly plastic related), and my RS10 had so many electrical problems. Both just sit in my garage, taking up space...
I really only like the electric redcats. IMO, if you want to go nitro you cannot go cheap. Nitros are simply more complicated and have less tolerance in the many moving parts. I don't think many redcat owners get more than a gallon on their nitros. those that do, likely have a good deal of experience with nitro models. But just compare, a traxxas base model nitro is over $300 (2wd) and a redcat 4wd nitro is $200. More parts, but $100 less? Obvious you get a bid difference in quality. But naturally, not all who are shoping for a nitro will know that. The redcat nitros can be fun, but if I wanted a nitro I would get a traxxas nitro rustler or something along those lines.
With the RS10...did you have one with the FM radio? Those were terrible...many either failed or had poor range. The 2.4 version is better. The stock servos are also frankly, junk. Plastic gear servos can be OK for a crawler (many use the traxxas 2075 which has plastic gears) but the plastic is so weak. and the servo strength is not that good either.
I never had a ESC problem. but maybe some people have.
IMO, a RTR $160 rs10 plus $30 for pair of metal gear MG996R servos is still a good deal.
But the RS10 is still a different beast than a axial ax10/scx10 or any axial really. being MOA means limited gearing options. if you want more speed, you have to replace 2 gears, or 2 motors, or upgrade the ESC to one that can handle a 3s lipo (the stock one actually can, tho I don't recommend that) I ran a outcry duel motor ESC ($60) in a rs10 and it was sweet! stronger brakes, more power and the extra wheel speed when I needed it by running a 3s lipo.

But redcat's quality is hit-or miss. I received a brand new rockslide 1/8 crawler with a DOA radio. Not cool. but on the flipside, redcat had a new radio at my door in 6 days. Not bad. That is on par with any big name rc company.
But, I know not everyone has had the same level of customer service from redcat. I have heard some horror stories about CS from redcat.

There is surely room for improvement. I still like backing the little guy
Old 05-14-2014, 04:08 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like they are moving up the ladder.

no doubt this will raise the company profile and hopefully increase sales. It seems that they are looking for more. No doubt they would love to take on HPI and Traxxas, but I think they are realistic about it and would never admit it yet, I dare say they have some 10 year plan worked out to push the profile even higher than they are currently and using OS engines is a step in the right direction.

Funny enough, a company here in Australia is very well represented at hobby shops even more so than the big brand manufactures. I would say they are the biggest selling manufacture in Australia. and I sware there great success is due to import prices and the fact they come with the O.S engines. They have proven to be reliable in the toughest environments and parts are cheap. The manufacture I'm talking about is Great Vigor. There chassis might not be the best, but that little O.S engine has a tendency to out last the chassis.

who knows... It might be OS engine for now, and completely revised chassis later...
Old 05-14-2014, 07:56 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
IMO that image is deserved from what I've seen and I think RedCat and the other clones are barely hobby grade. Yeah they have replaceable parts and are built better than the toys at Radio Shack but they still break easier and wear out faster than the big brands
Honestly I feel they are probably better quality then most the newer HPI's which cost 2-3X the cash
HPI has really let their quality slip after the Blitz, and firestorm. Only good vehicles they sell are the Wheely king, Savages, Blitz, Bullet, and Firestorm. The rest of HPI's lineup I'd take a redcat over them any day as they are more likely to last more then the 5-10 mins that I've got out of a few of HPI's RC...
Old 05-15-2014, 07:46 AM
socalhobby562

A lot of B&M dislike Redcat because they don't play the outrageously oppressive distribution game other brands play, so that they can mark up their cars so high. Redcat costs less because they don't only sell to a retail outlet that already has to have 10,000 sf warehouse full of stock. This also will explain why many retail stores do not even carry redcat or their parts, they do not like the larger pool of competition, and lastly if you walk into a retail store and ask about redcat they will call it "Crap" and "cheaply made" that's why they do not carry it.

give me a break

Redcat is getting better with time, they are fairly new to the market and even as newbs they have made some outstanding vehicles, and really good business choices. If they keep it up, they WILL out sell the big boys.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.