Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: epic crap

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

epic crap

ok, so I know that toy grade rc's generally stink (few exceptions like the maisto rock crawler)

but I recently got a used new bright 1/6 hummer. I bought it for the body, but it is a working model. I use the word working loosely.

It has high/low gearing on the axle, and 3 speeds on the transmitter. Well, they are all slow and don't offer much torque. If it is a 540 in there, it is the weakest 540 I have ever seen.

and if that wasn't bad enough, the steering is a joke. it is crazy slow to respond and doesn't have enough angle. to make it worse, it doesn't have anything to keep it centered. (it is possible something is broken, I would have to look into it)

The tires are rubber, yet somehow don't have much traction.

It doesn't have much ground clearance due to the silly bumpers (I got it stuck on the lawn)

I am used to toy rc's being crap, but this thing was likely over $100 when new. for that $ you would think it could at least go offroad, especaially due to its size!

Lucky, I bought it for the body. the stock tires are the same size as the tires on my exceed mad torque 1/8 crawler. So I will be making a custom chassis and mounting the hummer body on it.

I didn't think the new bright 1/6 would be good, but I didn't think it would be this bad either...LOL.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    yea toy grade RC's have really went to hell I remember the old Tycos and how they were pretty durable for what they were.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM View Post
    yea toy grade RC's have really went to hell I remember the old Tycos and how they were pretty durable for what they were.
    I didn't really expect the suspension or steering to be great. but it got stuck driving on grass? WTH? It is huge, has 6'' tall tires and gets stuck where a 1/10 scale Tamiya lunch box would have no problems!

Ive torn the chassis off....now the body will get used for my 1/6 crawler build.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    now you need to bolt a brushless motor in place of the crap brushed, and throw a servo on fast, and take a video of it flying apart
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest