RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

epic crap

Old 05-20-2014, 10:09 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default epic crap

ok, so I know that toy grade rc's generally stink (few exceptions like the maisto rock crawler)

but I recently got a used new bright 1/6 hummer. I bought it for the body, but it is a working model. I use the word working loosely.

It has high/low gearing on the axle, and 3 speeds on the transmitter. Well, they are all slow and don't offer much torque. If it is a 540 in there, it is the weakest 540 I have ever seen.

and if that wasn't bad enough, the steering is a joke. it is crazy slow to respond and doesn't have enough angle. to make it worse, it doesn't have anything to keep it centered. (it is possible something is broken, I would have to look into it)

The tires are rubber, yet somehow don't have much traction.

It doesn't have much ground clearance due to the silly bumpers (I got it stuck on the lawn)

I am used to toy rc's being crap, but this thing was likely over $100 when new. for that $ you would think it could at least go offroad, especaially due to its size!

Lucky, I bought it for the body. the stock tires are the same size as the tires on my exceed mad torque 1/8 crawler. So I will be making a custom chassis and mounting the hummer body on it.

I didn't think the new bright 1/6 would be good, but I didn't think it would be this bad either...LOL.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:22 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yea toy grade RC's have really went to hell I remember the old Tycos and how they were pretty durable for what they were.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:02 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM View Post
yea toy grade RC's have really went to hell I remember the old Tycos and how they were pretty durable for what they were.
I didn't really expect the suspension or steering to be great. but it got stuck driving on grass? WTH? It is huge, has 6'' tall tires and gets stuck where a 1/10 scale Tamiya lunch box would have no problems!

Ive torn the chassis off....now the body will get used for my 1/6 crawler build.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

now you need to bolt a brushless motor in place of the crap brushed, and throw a servo on fast, and take a video of it flying apart

Search this Thread