Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Please help pay pal reward if solved !!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Please help pay pal reward if solved !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 09:37 AM
teddyboy1207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help pay pal reward if solved !!!!

Hello guys, if you help me with this I will reward you on pay pal. ive got this piece of s**t tamiya tt01 that im installing a new motor on for a friend and for some reason there is a gap between the pinion and the spur gear and they won't mesh how do i fix this is it the motor shaft isn't thick enough ? The gear to small ? Please please anyone had this or can help I will love you for life cheers, eddrick
Old 05-26-2014, 10:17 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It would help if you listed the motor, pinion, spur gears. If the motor screw are in oval's, make them longer so the motor moves closer to the spur gear. Larger pinion, depends on the motor, battery.

Buzz.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The TT01 motor mount has 6 or 8 holes in it and each set of holes corresponds to a specific pinion. You simply pick the set of holes that correspond to your pinion and that's it, no other adjustment needed. You also have to use Tamiya pinions on those cars because the gear pitch is a weird in between pitch. There is a pitch (32p?) that seems to matche the Tamiya, but you'll never get the mesh right on the motor mount since the Tamiya is cut differently. Just trust me that you can only use Tamiya pinions on the TT01.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the manual is available online at Tamiya but if it's not I can post a pic from it if needed.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 05-26-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:07 PM
phmaximus

^^^I second that
Old 05-27-2014, 03:29 AM
Maj_Overdrive

Originally Posted by phmaximus
^^^I second that
Seconding it doesn't get you a cut of the reward! Lol.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:50 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
The TT01 motor mount has 6 or 8 holes in it and each set of holes corresponds to a specific pinion. You simply pick the set of holes that correspond to your pinion and that's it, no other adjustment needed. You also have to use Tamiya pinions on those cars because the gear pitch is a weird in between pitch. There is a pitch (32p?) that seems to matche the Tamiya, but you'll never get the mesh right on the motor mount since the Tamiya is cut differently. Just trust me that you can only use Tamiya pinions on the TT01.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the manual is available online at Tamiya but if it's not I can post a pic from it if needed.
actually if I remember right mod .8 is the actual pitch Tamiya uses
I run a different brand pinion on my TT01e as the one that came with the TT01e is a piece of crap that will strip fast.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Maj_Overdrive

I have a TT01, might be a TT01D I forget, it only gets used to display bodies now. When I had it running I had a ton of different pitch and size pinions. I know I tried 32p, probably .08 too and while the pinions would mesh fine when tested against the spur or stock pinion I couldn't get proper mesh when in the motor mount no matter what pinion or mount position I tried. Then I compared the Tamiya pinion with another of the same number of teeth and found the Tamiya teeth are spaced the same but are longer.

Again it's entirely possible it's mod.8 and I didn't have any on hand at the time. I know I had 32p, 48p and Mod1 at the time, thought I had mod.8 too but it was years ago. The Tamiya pinions are pretty sad though, being a cheap aluminum. That thing was funny to run though, bouncing all over since it doesn't have shock oil and then hearing the plastic center shaft flexing and slapping the chassis at anything over 30mph! Lol
Old 05-27-2014, 12:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a TT01, might be a TT01D I forget, it only gets used to display bodies now. When I had it running I had a ton of different pitch and size pinions. I know I tried 32p, probably .08 too and while the pinions would mesh fine when tested against the spur or stock pinion I couldn't get proper mesh when in the motor mount no matter what pinion or mount position I tried. Then I compared the Tamiya pinion with another of the same number of teeth and found the Tamiya teeth are spaced the same but are longer.

Again it's entirely possible it's mod.8 and I didn't have any on hand at the time. I know I had 32p, 48p and Mod1 at the time, thought I had mod.8 too but it was years ago. The Tamiya pinions are pretty sad though, being a cheap aluminum. That thing was funny to run though, bouncing all over since it doesn't have shock oil and then hearing the plastic center shaft flexing and slapping the chassis at anything over 30mph! Lol
take it back its metric mod .6 lol
Tamiya and their goofy sizes one of the employees that worked at my LHS HATED Tamiya gear pitch with a passion

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 05-27-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:46 PM
phmaximus

Seconding it doesn't get you a cut of the reward! Lol.
Lol, damm it, u have discovered my secret plan...
Old 05-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Large Larry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL pay pal reward... Is this guy for cereal?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:53 PM
blvdbuzzard

Super Cereal. Sounds like he is looking for manbearpig. Excelsior away ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BUzz.