Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Will my car handle this battery.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Russell2799

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my car handle this battery.

I just bought a tracks 1:10 scale trophy truck and was looking at getting a battery for it because I have none because this is my first RC car. It has a brushless setup and a 13T motor in it. I was think 4 cell 5000mah LiPo. Can my car handle it and how fast will it go. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:46 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

No. That battery will not work.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Russell2799

What will work
Old 06-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When asking questions we really need as much information as possible, such as the model name, esc, motor, ect. We can guess or make an assumption that your Traxxas trophy truck is a Slash, but is it 2wd, 4wd or is it some modified contraption that was originally a EMaxx? If it's a Slash your 13T motor will live, if it's not who knows. We also couldn't tell you how fast it will go without knowing what the vehicle is, what tires are on it and what the gearing is (size of pinion and spur gears). Also a 13T motor is not the most descriptive as a 13T motor from one manufacturer is not the same as a 13T motor from another manufacturer. Giving us the manufacturer helps, but ultimately what we need to know is the size (diameter and length in mm) as well as the Kv of the motor.

Or or you could just grab a ruler and measure the battery box of your vehicle. Then go to the manufacturer's website of your esc and motor and find out the voltage they recommend. This is likely 2s, possibly up to 3s. I recommend you stay with 2s as you're not experienced enough to run 3s and will likely burn the esc or motor. Then you go to your LHS or online and find a 2s pack that will fit. If you're looking at 2s 5000mah 30c packs just about any of them will fit a Slash, 2wd or 4wd.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:32 PM
collector1231

The brand is Iron Track, and it is a 1/10 truck. A 4s LiPO will blow out the ESC. The best thing the OP can get is a 6 cell NiMH pack without buying a new ESC that can support 2S LiPO.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And that's exactly why complete information from the person asking the question is needed. Like I said we can guess, I guessed it was a misspelling and that Tracks meant Traxxas (I've seen worse misspelling of Traxxas) and that Trophy Truck meant it was a Slash. He did let us know it does have a brushless system though and I don't know of a brushless system that can't handle a 2s lipo. The stock brushless esc for the Iron Track line is 2s capable but it will not handle 3s.

Of course it's entirely possible he doesn't know brushed from brushless in which case he would be better off buying a 6 cell NiMh pack. Do you have a charger yet Russell?

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 06-07-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Russell2799

I don't have a charger yet because I'm new to this. I would give you guys all the info I could but I just don't know all of it because it hasn't got here. So after reading This, I should get a 2 cell LiPo 4000+mah. Should that be good? Then I'm going to get a nice charger to go with that.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:39 AM
collector1231

And Maj, good job finding that out. I thought he meant Iron Track, like off NitroRCX.

Yeah, that sounds good, Russell. This charger I put down below can charge 2 batteries at a time, so you will never run out of packs.

Battery; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...-with-uni-plug
Charger; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...dio-speakers-1
Power Supply (for charger.) http://www.activepowersports.com/int...Q2Ckmyupfw_wcB
Old 06-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Russell2799

Thanks for your help everyone!