Cheerz man, I do admit this has been one of the most challenging builds yet.
First mod was full ball bearing kit, Carbon gear shafts, alloy motor plate and locked the diffs
Then to run longer shocks, I managed to find a set of the HBX alloy shock tower extensions
Then I got the Hpi gear reduction unit and the original EZrun II 35amp ESC and EZrun brushless 2400kv motor
and while I was at it, I've fitted a Traxxas blue servo and kimbrough servo saver with adjustable toe links
next on the list was it needed more steering so I managed to find some plastic HBX one peice lower arms, alloy knuckles and hub carriers.
Then I had issues with the dog bones binding so I fitted some Universial Swing shafts.... But it still needed more steering...
Ive then converted it into 4 wheel steering using a fancy method of switchable steering but had compatibility issues with the traxxas remote I was using at the time. Aswell as that I had excessive rear camber and I fitted a adjustable camber kit and adjustable rear toe rods...Then in all the middle of all that I kept on striping the rear diff cuffs, so I've fitted a tt02/m03 spool and I'm running the keyed hardened tamiya tt02 diff cups.
and here I am 3 years later... With a new gear set, softer front springs and I've removed the brushless combo in favour for the 27t brushed motor I had lying around.
i think a 100t motor would work, but they just don't have the torque a 27t and GRU would have... So it would be a lot easier to stall of slow when under load.
looking back on the video, the suspension looks good and fairly balanced... But, its biggest issues are smoothness.... The brushless combo really was not smooth. Then the minor points, tyres look cool but the provide little to no traction and it looks top heavy and in desperate need of some weighted wheels...
i donk know, thoughts... I can take it.. Lol