Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

need help with the twin force

I did some running of my twin force today (see video in video forum) and it did well until the pin in the front center dogbone came out, leaving it RWD.

then while looking up parts, as well as a steering upgrade (the slop is bad) I found a pic showing the suspension setup.....which is NOT like mine.

see the 2 pics below. I then looked up the manual and sure enough the lower shock mount point should be the adjustable mount location near the wheel...not the tab where mine are mounted.

here is the problem, look at my shock and the location of the outer (proper) mount point....if I put the shock there it will surely hit the wheel! that mount is about a half an inch from the outer edge of the wheel, and as it sits the shock is already just 1/4 inch from the wheel.

what gives? should my wheels be mounted further out somehow? (I ask cause the front wheels can hit the lower links if I have my steering rate above 70%)

what am I missing? my current setup helps explain why the suspension is so stiff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHTO0944.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	2009354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHTO0945.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	2009365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TF43.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	2009355

also, does anyone have pics of their axle mount steering mod? Ive looked at the thunder tech racing one but im not willing to pay $30 plus shipping for a small carbon fiber plate and 2 links.
    Last edited by nitrosportsandrunner; 06-27-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Well just looking at the pics you posted there is definitely something not stock on your truck. Your wheels and tires are further inboard than stock, I don't know if that's due to wheel offset or something like the wheel hex. Wheel offset seems the most likely if Giga Crusher wheels have less offset. But maybe your truck has shorter stub axles with shorter wheel hexes on it. The only other explanation is early MF had shorter axles with wider offset wheels but I doubt that. Either way it looks like you have lots of comparing part numbers to do, assuming you can find part numbers for everything.
    Punch Control? I don't need no stinking Punch Control!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive View Post
    Well just looking at the pics you posted there is definitely something not stock on your truck. Your wheels and tires are further inboard than stock, I don't know if that's due to wheel offset or something like the wheel hex. Wheel offset seems the most likely if Giga Crusher wheels have less offset. But maybe your truck has shorter stub axles with shorter wheel hexes on it. The only other explanation is early MF had shorter axles with wider offset wheels but I doubt that. Either way it looks like you have lots of comparing part numbers to do, assuming you can find part numbers for everything.
    wheel offset is my thought as well...but have no idea how to find out what is the stock offset.
    I wish I could join RCMT.net as they have a good size forum on these trucks and id bet I could get answers from people who own them, but that site is messed up. every time I try to register I get a message saying the admin has blocked my email address....so, I am unable to register. and I have never registered there before, so something is screwy with the site.

but I have gone threw many of the threads there. most are making their trucks into crawlers, so I have seen a few different steering and linkage mods. some do use the same lower shock mount mine does but it looks like they could use the proper one but choose to use the more inboard mount. On mine, I don't have the option of using the proper mount.
    If only I have $100....while the stock wheels/tires look good, I have seen some other tires that look amazing. But I know they are not cheap either.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    some websites wont accept certain email sites. i have had this issue myself. i just opened a gmail for those sites.
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!