Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What my RC10GT worth?!

Old 06-28-2014, 12:55 PM
CK_32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What my RC10GT worth?!

So I finally got the itch to get my RC10GT out of storage. Been sitting in there for 3 years and I'm sure it needs a tune up. I know for sure I need a new carb filter, new sprocket gear and batteries. But before I take it to the shop to get tuned up I'm wondering if it's worth it just to fix it and get going or make the jump and sell it or trade it for an electric.

i had a Traxxis e max so it was cool to have one gasser and one electric but I just want grab and go and am seriously thinking of going 100% electric. trucks never been bashed just raced around the school park for maybe all of 5 full tanks. Again been sitting for 3 years since then.

no real gas tracks any where around me, all electric, not looking to race just screw around on the street and parks again and kill time.

Whats it worth? Keep and fix up or just trade and go electric? Should still run as far as I know. Don't know much info farther than that. Been a while since I did this stuff. Asking you guys to get a fair quote so if I take it to my shop I don't get taken and trade for a kmart car and lose my a** on it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CK_32; 06-28-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-28-2014, 01:05 PM
CK_32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	90983FCB-B68D-467D-8970-94C86F7AFA8E_zpsw8fdpex0.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	2009566   Click image for larger version

Name:	E2225037-D020-4FA6-BBFA-ADA7C3AF5009_zpsgdb9en4m.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	2009567  
Old 06-28-2014, 07:36 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I usually see rc10gt's go for $125-$200 ish on ebay. $200 would be with upgrades and spare parts. but ebay is funny, you might put it for $100 and not sell it one week, and the next get a bunch of guys bidding and have it go for $200.

while I also much prefer electrics, the rc10gt is a good, simple nitro. Any time that I have had a nitro it has always been a stadium truck, as they are usually the easiest to work on and generally durable.

Basically, I doubt you could sell it for enough to buy a good electric....but selling it would get you at least half way towards buying a decent one.

so it is a toss up. but since you have had it in storage for 3 years, it might be safe to say you would use a electric more

maybe try trading on RCU first...see if you get any interesting offers. just don't trade with anyone who doesn't have a decent amount of feedback.
if that doesn't work, then put it up on ebay for a high price. if it doesn't sell, then try again with a low starting bid.