Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anybody Else Thinks RCGroups.com Sucks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anybody Else Thinks RCGroups.com Sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:53 AM
BlueBorderRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Else Thinks RCGroups.com Sucks?

I'll be honest I used to go to the rcgroups.com forums and it wasn't too long before I realize theirs two loser dorks named SoloProFan and WParsons that reply to EVERY thread even EVERY comment on the forums and all they do is contradict, correct, and try to prove how much smarter they are then you. I have even proven them wrong before on the threads in front of everybody and still even with there badgering smart provoking comments they get the people who disagree with them kicked off the site. Its not just me, I know others who's been kicked off because SoloProFan or WParsons went and whined like babys to the moderator because somebody didn't agree with them and had them kicked off the site. Members of rcgroups.com act like these guys are god and kiss their butts so much it's sick. Screw rcgroups.com its such a childish clicked up website.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:11 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

That proves RCUniverse is the superior place for RC! lol
Old 07-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by collector1231
RCU is a nice place. But every forum is different in it's strong suits and where it's lacking, both in information and it's users. I haven't spent too much time at RCGroups, but I've noticed they have users who are probably the most knowledgable on rc forums when it comes to Lipos and chargers. I don't know why but there are many users on RCGroups who run high voltage planes and Helis with sick chargers that monitor and record everything which then gets posted on the forum along with discharge graphs and a few c -ratings tests as well. Makes for good reading when choosing a new battery.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:26 PM
BlueBorderRC

Originally Posted by collector1231
Well that was over a year ago when I left there and switched to RCUniverse. I havent had any problem here. I guess when you only have a handful of friends as members on your site like RCGroups its easier for a couple of the more colorful characters to stand out lol.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:34 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC
I'll be honest I used to go to the rcgroups.com forums and it wasn't too long before I realize theirs two loser dorks named SoloProFan and WParsons that reply to EVERY thread even EVERY comment on the forums and all they do is contradict, correct, and try to prove how much smarter they are then you. I have even proven them wrong before on the threads in front of everybody and still even with there badgering smart provoking comments they get the people who disagree with them kicked off the site. Its not just me, I know others who's been kicked off because SoloProFan or WParsons went and whined like babys to the moderator because somebody didn't agree with them and had them kicked off the site. Members of rcgroups.com act like these guys are god and kiss their butts so much it's sick. Screw rcgroups.com its such a childish clicked up website.
That's not good, but I don't know if its a good idea to start badmouthing them on another forum, but then again its interesting to know.

If the moderators are kicking people for a different opinion that's wrong, but if they are removing those people because of there language or personal attacks then its understandable.
All I can suggest is contact admin and make a complaint or avoid that site altogether.

RCU is all u need, if we cant answer ur question we will argue about it for 2 or 3 pages until we all agree on something..... sometime even with out the OP coming back lol
Old 07-02-2014, 06:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phmaximus
RCU is all u need, if we cant answer ur question we will argue about it for 2 or 3 pages until we all agree on something..... sometime even with out the OP coming back lol
Lies that NEVER happens here
Old 07-03-2014, 06:23 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

problem with any forum is at some point a troll or keyboard warrior will show up.
I was on a S10 forum once cause the trans mount on my truck broke. I mentioned that I had done some burnouts and joked that the cause was likely that. Next thing you know, a guy who had been on the forum for a long time started berating me for doing burnouts in a 4cyl s10. He (on a s10 forum) called the 4cyl s10 a POS.
I defended saying that I was surprised to have a driveline issue from my style of driving (im not that rough, but do like to have some fun) because I had many older cars with more miles that never gave me an issue. I put up the list of cars, yotas, Volvos, Nissan, Honda ect. His reply to my list...."looks like a list of junkyard trash"

Those are trolls. it does not matter what you say, they will either take what you say out of context....or they will reply as if they actually know you personally and can make a true judgment of you. They will quickly turn it personal, tho there is never any reason to do so. I
t can be frustrating, but the only way for you to win with a troll, is to not reply.

but generally speaking, RCU is the best forum ive ever been on. Basically, I only go on other forums if they are specific to a model I am working on or need more info on.

It does seem strange if others got kicked off by those guys because they complained to the mods. I mean, as long as your posts are clean of language and no racism or stuff like that was said, they shouldn't be kicked just for arguing with others.
As we know, every one on the internet is always right
Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 AM
EXT2Rob

HA ha ha.....yep, that's why I like it here. Trolls are few, the people helpful, and most have a good sense of humor. Ah, if only the rest of the (real) world got along as well.....

I do spend most of my forum time here, but Ultimate RC is also a good place. Gotten a lot of good info and help there, too.

I hear the Traxxas forum doesn't take any Traxxas-bashing.....they'll kick you off.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Large Larry

I've never been on rcgroups but I went over to take a look after reading this thread. The two members you mentioned seem to be helpful, I didn't see them putting anyone down or trying to act high and mighty. On the surface it appears to me as though you might have taken something they said the wrong way or something. In any case you shouldn't be using one forum to rubbish another, if you feel that strongly about it make a youtube video or something.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 AM
collector1231

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
Lies that NEVER happens here
Heh.. I TOTALLY didn't start that one. *whistles innocently*
Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Maj_Overdrive

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
HA ha ha.....yep, that's why I like it here. Trolls are few, the people helpful, and most have a good sense of humor. Ah, if only the rest of the (real) world got along as well.....

I do spend most of my forum time here, but Ultimate RC is also a good place. Gotten a lot of good info and help there, too.

I hear the Traxxas forum doesn't take any Traxxas-bashing.....they'll kick you off.
Well said. The users here do seem to take things way better than elsewhere with the moderators rarely getting involved.

The Traxxas forums can be pretty bad if you're not careful. It doesn't matter how helpful or knowledgable you are, they'll give you points or ban you pretty quick if you're not careful about how you talk about their products and treat other users. Anyone familiar with Traxxas forums probably knows or has heard of Suicideneil. Very helpful guy, nice too, but his sense of humor and ribbing of other users and Traxxas products never fit the Traxxas mold. Anyway, it's funny how many times he's been suspended or banned over there, mostly for the stupidest things. But it's their forum, so you gotta be careful how you talk about upgrades and make everything suitable for grade school story time. The last part isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 07-03-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

By responding to the OP we are feeding a troll, dontcha think? Oh the shame of it all...
Old 07-03-2014, 10:57 AM
collector1231

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
By responding to the OP we are feeding a troll, dontcha think? Oh the shame of it all...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sticker,375x360.png
Views:	6691
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	2011238  
Old 07-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Rv7garage

^ hahahaha! Nice
Old 07-03-2014, 03:32 PM
turok007

im on RCgroups a lot at the moment for quads and it is very good. a few years ago when i was on the RC plane part there was a lot of trouble. lol The traxxas forum is the worst thing ever nothing beats it. nothing comes close. but if you have a all 100% question about a older traxxas truck there is someone with the answer. but anything else forget it. i proved the mods wrong a few times and they edited the posts. lol also one time i wrote a long bit about something then decide not to post it so i deleted it. but hours later it turned up on the forum. with bad comments from the all knowing mods. lol i even checked my account and i never posted that message. so somehow they see what i was typing.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:22 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

The good thing about RCgroups is the internet superiority. The site is never down or have any other technical problems. Just because of that I spend more time there than here.
Here, they(IT deparment), even don't care or don't know how to because a problem stays for long time before it is fixed.
Or that time that the site was down four days.
Anyhow the market is way better here than there.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Rv7garage

I have to agree with lopflyers re: the technical issues with RCU for the last year or so. I mean, there's even a thread right now on the home page where RCKen, the bleedin' Forum Manager fer chrissakes, can't log in. Seriously, Internet Brands?? Buncha amateurs, Lol
Old 07-03-2014, 07:09 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by lopflyers
The good thing about RCgroups is the internet superiority. The site is never down or have any other technical problems. Just because of that I spend more time there than here.
Here, they(IT deparment), even don't care or don't know how to because a problem stays for long time before it is fixed.
Or that time that the site was down four days.
Anyhow the market is way better here than there.
the technical issues are why we lost the grand majority of the long time posters
I remember it went like this site didn't work for 4-5 days worked a week was up intermittently(or down 85% of the time) for 2 months...
After that there was me, and maybe 6-7 others left out of over 90 people that used to post here all the time. I mean posting here was insane topics would get pushed from the front page to the 2nd-3rd page every 10 mins there was so much activity. Now after 2 months a topic might hit page 2.
I remember the nitro vs elec threads hitting 30 pages easy in an hour b4 the mods would notice
Old 07-04-2014, 06:02 AM
Maj_Overdrive

Originally Posted by turok007
one time i wrote a long bit about something then decide not to post it so i deleted it. but hours later it turned up on the forum. with bad comments from the all knowing mods. lol i even checked my account and i never posted that message. so somehow they see what i was typing.
Thats the first time I've ever heard of that happening. But some forums (like RCU) that save your post before you hit "submit" I guess it's possible. But the mod would have to be monitoring or logging your account to be able to do that. Either way that's pretty low and an abuse of power for a mod, something an administrator or Traxxas should know about.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:30 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Both sites have a problem and that being is staying on topic. Another thing I also noticed is the lack of research by posters before they make a post.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:04 AM
Maj_Overdrive

Originally Posted by flycatch
Both sites have a problem and that being is staying on topic. Another thing I also noticed is the lack of research by posters before they make a post.
Um, we're talking about RCGroups, 2 supposedly bad mods there, not you're personal gripes about forums so I believe you sir are off topic

Seriously though, it doesn't matter what the forum you're on, threads go off topic. Usually it's the result of natural discussion that veers it slightly off track. It's usually not rude or intentional it just happens and can be corrected easily and painlessly. It's not like people go into a thread like this and start talking about servos

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 07-04-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:39 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Aside of the technical issues in the past, this site has always been favored by me. RCG has a bias towards its sponsors and not it's members, the revenue from this allows them to invest heavily in its ITdepartment.
Only if they invested in some descent Moderation, it's my experience that the standard of Moderation here is way better and perhaps the fact that the audience here seems more mature helps.
It is evident that there are those who feed off the inputs of others and make a point of blah blah blahing or otherwise called"Trolling", anywhere they can. This can be extremely annoying and they seem to delight in the fact that they can bait folks into acting poorly and then go as far as to report, report, report.

Pretty sick,, and RCG is the fertile ground where they hangout.

Last edited by TheEdge; 07-04-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: spacing
Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I have found RCG clearly superior to RCU. There are m any long threads on the operation of various transmitters that are barely mentioned here.
RCU is just a place to ***** and moan. Just like this thread.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:21 PM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

I don't think it "sucks".....you have a lot to learn.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Aiden88
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RCGroups is the place to be if you are into electrics of any kind. Their fuel threads are pretty barron and RCU is superior for that yet. If you are in to airplanes, RCU has more elitists that will flame you if you are not into stick building and kits, whereas RCGroups is accepting of any type of model lover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.