Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anybody Else Thinks RCGroups.com Sucks?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anybody Else Thinks RCGroups.com Sucks?

Old 07-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Axle Al
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

&&

Last edited by Axle Al; 07-04-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: bailing out
Old 07-04-2014, 06:31 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtybird
I have found RCG clearly superior to RCU. There are m any long threads on the operation of various transmitters that are barely mentioned here.
RCU is just a place to ***** and moan. Just like this thread.
If you don't like it here no one is making you come here, or even post in this thread.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Large Larry

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
If you don't like it here no one is making you come here, or even post in this thread.
Same could be said to the OP about rcgroups.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:06 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have found RCG clearly superior to RCU. There are m any long threads on the operation of various transmitters that are barely mentioned here.

U know what, I tend to agree. My self and others have posted a few projects here and no one cares enough to comment, but as soon as its a thread about "feelings" especially traxxas related feeling, people are on it like a dog on heat.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Left-Hand-Dan

I think I'll agree.

"My say-toe is better than yours because its on a cub!"
"Nuh uh! Mine is on a p51! Its mooch betta!"

"RCG sucks! Two people post too much!"
Old 07-05-2014, 05:57 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

I think vacuums suck.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:22 PM
lkruse
My Feedback: (42)

Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC
I'll be honest I used to go to the rcgroups.com forums and it wasn't too long before I realize theirs two loser dorks named SoloProFan and WParsons that reply to EVERY thread even EVERY comment on the forums and all they do is contradict, correct, and try to prove how much smarter they are then you. I have even proven them wrong before on the threads in front of everybody and still even with there badgering smart provoking comments they get the people who disagree with them kicked off the site. Its not just me, I know others who's been kicked off because SoloProFan or WParsons went and whined like babys to the moderator because somebody didn't agree with them and had them kicked off the site. Members of rcgroups.com act like these guys are god and kiss their butts so much it's sick. Screw rcgroups.com its such a childish clicked up website.
To answer your initial question--"No".
Old 07-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phmaximus
U know what, I tend to agree. My self and others have posted a few projects here and no one cares enough to comment, but as soon as its a thread about "feelings" especially traxxas related feeling, people are on it like a dog on heat.
The problem is RCU is the kiddie table of forums, at least in the car section. Not much real modification going on, just bolt ons. RCU was the first rc forum I found long ago, but I quickly found others that were way more into the technical aspects. Places where users cared about discharge graphs, datalogging, voltage drop under load, specs, user accounts of the products actual performance not just what the manufacturer spit out. I don't remember who it was nor would I mention names, but a respectable user here on RCU recommended a HK charger that's fine but not up for 1C charging a 4s or larger battery that the OP was using. Could be an honest mistake but he wasn't the only one recommending a charger like that and I wasn't believed at first when I pointed out the chargers performance charging a 4s and why it wasn't the best choice. I post about c-ratings tests on YouTube and the only person who would even acknowledge the point was Foxy because he was writing a Lipo guide. Nobody here cares about the nitty gritty, the science or the behind the scenes stuff. They won't even acknowledge it.

Theres a a weird mentality around here that only the cheap Chinese stuff is good, whether it's electronics or vehicles. People are almost shamed (sometimes actually) shamed for using or recommending better equipment. Then there's the others who work at a hobby shop and only recommend stuff that Tower/Great Planes/Hobbico carries even though it's no better than the HK stuff (some is the same just rebranded) and is more expensive. And nobody searches for reviews of this stuff on HK or on other forums where reviews abound before recommending or claiming it's the best.

So you have a rc forum with a user base that only cares if their rc will go next time they pull the trigger. They don't care about modifying or the inner workings of their rc. Half can't search for the instructions for their rc or google anything themselves and have to ask you to google it for them. You expect them to participate more in your build thread than whine like kids at the kiddie table their Happy Meal didn't include the toy they wanted?

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 07-05-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before anyone says "nobody's forcing you to stay", I do like the people here. Yeah there's only about 1/2 dozen users who make up more than 1/2 the posts in the car section but they're good people. I also stay hoping some more of the build threads will return and hopefully post some of my own when I have time to work on them again. Like others I've been at this quite awhile and have gathered plenty of knowledge from lots of sources. Sharing that stuff helps make the hobby better.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:23 PM
lorhd2005
My Feedback: (9)

I have to agree with lop flyers,I'm on rc groups a lot,very helpful info,but rcu has a lot of tech problems,have a hard time getting on the site, frustrating because it happens often, anyways I think both sites can be very helpful.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
The problem is RCU is the kiddie table of forums, at least in the car section. Not much real modification going on, just bolt ons. RCU was the first rc forum I found long ago
Well true I kinda gave up on showing cutom builds here as you get 1-2 people to comment on it. Its been like that for a long time I remember insanely cool custom vehicles being made, and outside me and like 2 other people no one would even look at it, but some dude comes with his bone stock slash, paints the body black, slapped a monster energy logo on it, and made a thread CUSTOM SLASH PICS he had like 5 pages of compliments in 2-3 hours...

Theres a a weird mentality around here that only the cheap Chinese stuff is good, whether it's electronics or vehicles. People are almost shamed (sometimes actually) shamed for using or recommending better equipment. Then there's the others who work at a hobby shop and only recommend stuff that Tower/Great Planes/Hobbico carries even though it's no better than the HK stuff (some is the same just rebranded) and is more expensive. And nobody searches for reviews of this stuff on HK or on other forums where reviews abound before recommending or claiming it's the best.
That mentality though has always been here I remember for instance when Flysky radios first came out, and people were saying they were crap cause they were not $300(hell people still do that never tried them)... yes that was the mentality then they google searched, and found 5 complaints about the radio(seriously that was all that could be found, and most were stupid complaints like the color of it...), and were recommending I think it was some spectrum radio which when you looked had a list of complaints where the radio would cut out causing crashes(I saw a ton of them on one model in particular), but hey the FS radio no one bothered complaining cause it was so cheap in that persons eyes.

So you have a rc forum with a user base that only cares if their rc will go next time they pull the trigger. They don't care about modifying or the inner workings of their rc. Half can't search for the instructions for their rc or google anything themselves and have to ask you to google it for them. You expect them to participate more in your build thread than whine like kids at the kiddie table their Happy Meal didn't include the toy they wanted?
Personally I think this is a tad too broad of a statement sure we have a lot of people that do come cause they can't read the instruction manual, but a fair number do custom work, but like I said above just stopped posting it as it almost never generates any feedback I will say though the last project I worked on(6wd scale army truck from a WK) did generate some good feedback from people that has been helping me on it(although I had to put it on hiatus for awhile now so it probably looks like I abandoned it).

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 07-06-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:50 PM
phmaximus

Ur not kidding.... I've posted up heaps of threads of various projects.... No one ever gives a shet. Either they are bad projects of no one cares..... Because of this I'm finding my self getting my rc fix on Facebook groups
Old 07-08-2014, 04:55 PM
phmaximus

What's a good forum that's good for sharing crazy projects?

ive got a few I'm working on
1/7 clodbuster Hummer
1/10 rally car
1/10 touring car plumbers van
Hacking FS GT3
Turbo nitro Traxxas 3.3
Mud pig Crawler
project slash
and more

Last edited by phmaximus; 07-08-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:03 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Ur not kidding.... I've posted up heaps of threads of various projects.... No one ever gives a shet. Either they are bad projects of no one cares..... Because of this I'm finding my self getting my rc fix on Facebook groups
You need Monster Energy decals
Old 07-09-2014, 04:36 AM
phmaximus

Lol
Old 12-05-2014, 01:30 PM
SoloProFan

I'll be honest I used to go to the rcgroups.com forums and it wasn't too long before I realize theirs two loser dorks named SoloProFan and WParsons that reply to EVERY thread even EVERY comment on the forums and all they do is contradict, correct, and try to prove how much smarter they are then you. I have even proven them wrong before on the threads in front of everybody and still even with there badgering smart provoking comments they get the people who disagree with them kicked off the site. Its not just me, I know others who's been kicked off because SoloProFan or WParsons went and whined like babys to the moderator because somebody didn't agree with them and had them kicked off the site. Members of rcgroups.com act like these guys are god and kiss their butts so much it's sick. Screw rcgroups.com its such a childish clicked up website.

I must say I'm not very surprised that such a "retaliation thread" was started. When I saw this, my initial thought was to let it be. But then again, it's better to have both sides of this story, right?

First of all, you were never banned because other members like WParsons and me simply asked for that. You far over-estimate our role in this. When someone, also others than you mentioned, didn't agree with you, he would be in for an unpleasant surprise, with insulting remarks from you and more. This obnoxious behavior, later even accompanied by personal messages you sent, with threats of beating people up badly, got you infracted and later banned.

Also there is a very simple reason WParsons and me posted in many threads back then. At the time you were active on RCG, there were but a few regularly active members on the cars section. So we just had to try and reply to most threads, or new members posting there, asking questions, would not get any reply. Then they could start to feel ignored and think "so nobody on this site cares about my problem, I'll move on..." and not get the help they asked for.

That's not good, but I don't know if its a good idea to start badmouthing them on another forum, but then again its interesting to know.

If the moderators are kicking people for a different opinion that's wrong, but if they are removing those people because of there language or personal attacks then its understandable.
All I can suggest is contact admin and make a complaint or avoid that site altogether.
Contacting a site admin is indeed the best way to solve issues, whether on RCG, or any forum. RCG has an appeal option, where, if you think that a moderator has made a bad decision, you can present your case, and if you have a good point, a correction will be made. But in this case all that happened was 2 more attempts to register with a different username, hoping the mods would never notice that, and be able to continue with the same attitude. Well, the mods on RCG may not be perfect, and neither am I, but they're not stupid, so they found out about the extra accounts, and did what any mod would do, if a banned user tries to sneak back in, and continues to break site rules with his behavior.

Originally Posted by Large Larry
I've never been on rcgroups but I went over to take a look after reading this thread. The two members you mentioned seem to be helpful, I didn't see them putting anyone down or trying to act high and mighty. On the surface it appears to me as though you might have taken something they said the wrong way or something. In any case you shouldn't be using one forum to rubbish another, if you feel that strongly about it make a youtube video or something.
I like your open approach, and appreciate your efforts to check at RCG what happened. As you noticed, this will show a very different picture than the one that is painted in the first posting in this thread.

Well that was over a year ago when I left there and switched to RCUniverse. I havent had any problem here. I guess when you only have a handful of friends as members on your site like RCGroups its easier for a couple of the more colorful characters to stand out lol.
With all this said and done, I must say I am happy for you that you seemed to be feeling at home here. I do hope you have become a more calm and balanced person since then. Considering that you haven't been suspended/banned here, seems to confirm that at least some lesson was learned from your triple membership on RCG. Though starting this topic, and your very abusive comments on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/all_comments...&v=XnXL-mAVDKg) show the same anger and agressiveness that several RCG members, including me, have seen from you first hand, in the threats you sent us over pm's. Still I would like to believe that people can change for the better, and hope that over time, the anger you felt will subside, if it hasn't already. That was also a reason why I hesitated to post here, I don't want to rake this up all again. After all, one of the main benefits of a nice hobby like RC, is being able to unwind from all the stress and everyday obstacles. So let's not build more obstacles while we discuss this great hobby, but break down those self-created barrierss, as no one will benefit from arguing or worse.

And to answer the original topic question, "No, RCG isn't perfect, but certainly not as bad as the topic title suggests"
Old 12-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Barracuz

Problem with the car section at RCG is that it's dead.
solopro and wparsons are the only people on there who comment.

Remember they both have years in the hobby. Whatever they say is backed with years of experience. Same goes with rcu.

You have the expert older folk who simply know what theyr talking about. If you go about critizcing or judging their credibility you should at least back your words with something.

The last two weeks on the car forum have been wild. There was this smartass kid by the name ElecticMann belittling everyone and simply telling everyone that theyr setups are wrong and that they should mimic his. I wonder If ElectriMann is now on here creating chaos.

Last edited by Barracuz; 12-10-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:59 AM
SoloProFan

Hi Barra, didn't know you were here as well. The car section on RCG indeed has experienced a few trolls over the last year, some even so persistant to come back 2 times under a different username, to evade a ban, like eMann tried as well. But the car section survived much darker days, and has recently seen some new, experienced members registering as well. I wouldn't say it's dead, there is actually much more activitity the last few days. A few years back, you could not visit the car section for a few days, and still not have missed a single new posting. At the moment I am having trouble keeping up. so it's totally different. But luckily there are more members posting their suggestions there now, and backing these up with facts, while showing mutual respect. I'd say, if you want to form an unbiased answer to this topic's main question about RCG, just read and observe.

I don't think a forum is better than another, it's the people participating that make the forum. And naturally the site needs to work well too, if you need 10 attempts to login, that won't work either.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Anthoop

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
I think vacuums suck.
I disagree....vacuums provide an area within that is at a lower pressure than that outside....they do not suck...just give a place for the stuff outside to expand into...
Old 01-15-2017, 01:49 PM
ticklegs

erased !

Last edited by ticklegs; 11-01-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: erased, because I didn't post those words.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:48 PM
davidmc36

Originally Posted by turok007
...somehow they see what i was typing.
Dja ever notice the little yellow pop-up every so often when you are typing a post "Auto-Saved"......there's your answer.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Truebuild

All you have to do is block the user who is getting up your nose

I did this a while ago to a guy how insisted on using a an avatar that was annoying. I asked him to stop using it; is answer was also annoying so I blocked him. Job done!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:46 PM
lordraptor1
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
HA ha ha.....yep, that's why I like it here. Trolls are few, the people helpful, and most have a good sense of humor. Ah, if only the rest of the (real) world got along as well.....

I do spend most of my forum time here, but Ultimate RC is also a good place. Gotten a lot of good info and help there, too.

I hear the Traxxas forum doesn't take any Traxxas-bashing.....they'll kick you off.
traxxas forum doesnt really like talk about anything non traxxas, nor does it like any negative comments aout traxxas products ( even if the negative comment is 100% true). i got badmouthed on traxxas forums when i went there looking for help because i had 3 velineon systems in a row had a phase fail on them ( no more traxxas products for me and currently trying to sell the last traxxas product i have do have which i bought new from LHS with no tx or rx and has sat on the shelf since the day i bought it LOL).

another joke of a frum is hpi baja forums. long tory short i got a new baja that had a lot of failures (note all failures were BEFORE HTE ENGINE WAS EVEN BROKEN IN). it was so bad that HPI cut me off from support claiming it was all me ( i would buy that if it was the same parts but every out it was a different part), so once i was cut off i started replacing stock parts with aftermarket and guess what $1200 in aftermarket parts later no more failures ( although im still afraid to run it out of fear another stock part failing and no aftermarket part being available for teh broken part).

anyway, after constantly asking for help then complaining i finally got so tired of it i started calling my hpi baja what it is (or was at the time) which is/was a turd, and yep the trolls came out bashing me saying the kit was great, high quality blah blah blah and again i got tired of it and asked a the following simple question: "how many of you touting great and high quality are still running your baja kit stock out of the box" guess what, no big surprise no one answered just kept bashing me where i stopped responding to posts and then i go to get on the forum one day to find i had been perma banned. another point is hpi baja forums do NOT allow talk of rova or king motor bajas it is hpi baja only. i have a fringd that has a king motor baja and he is still running the snot out f his bone stock as it came out of the box while mine required $1200 in replacement parts with little use really wish i had gotten a rovan or king motor instead of wanting to buy "genuine" hpi ( side note the bajas are not made in usa and a little birdy recently told me that the HPI is made in the same plant with the rovan and king motor bajas) all i can say is good riddens the owner of the forum i believe is in with hpi somehow and he owns a company that sells products for the hpi baja ( ramtech which i will NEVER buy any of his ramtech junk based on his idea of quality as indicated by his personal comments to me on that forum). also it is important to note baja lights he sells under the ramtech brand look chinese quality compared to the quality of killer rc ( which i recommend killer rc products they are awesome)

but as others have stated all forums are different some better in areas then others, and some forums are so pro (x) product that unless you are just as pro ( x) product as they are then you could be in for a very hostile enviroment.

one last thign to note do not take ANY information at face value on ANY forum check and doublecheck it, no offense to forum members but there are a lot of information that can be deemed as opinion. especially in regards to brushless systems where you have a lot of different opinions on temp. car action and castle (180F), some people 130 - 150F, others 160f, some claim magnets fail at 150-160, and then there is also lack of info example tryign to find gearing for older discontinued models, temp range of product from manufacture, etc.

absorb info then do an average of the info. at least you can get an average ballpark with this method LOL.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:48 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

...and the first Castle motors told you not to exceed 200*F
Old 12-08-2017, 04:00 PM
lordraptor1
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by RustyUs
...and the first Castle motors told you not to exceed 200*F
yep and last i heard from castle they were saying 180, same as rc car action was saying for all brushless motors. unfortunatley the rotor magnets start losing strength at 160F and the epoxies start breaking down about the same temp some a little higher ( dont you love how manufactures get you to buy new motors and rc traxxas action helping them do it LOL).

150f or below is where i will run mine, skyrc gives an fdr BUT they only list touring car med track and small track. i gear a little lower than what they recomend for touring, still trying to get the gearing right for my T4 with th echeetah 8.5t because regardless of pinion spur ( currently 20/87 with 130F motor temps) slipper gets ultra hot and burns up pads even whne it is completely locked down and i have even upgraded to revolution designs vented unit and have tried using the 3 pad ( stock-vts-vts) and 4 pad ( stock-vts-vts-vts) and nothign has worked so far LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.