Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

help with team associated brushless motor

Im working on my SC10rs, trying to maintain it as it has 20+ hours of use by now.
    The trans/motor are not as quiet as they once were.
    The trans is no problem, but the motor has me stumped. It is not like other BL motors I have worked on that has small screws holding the end of the motor on. I see no screws at all. The end with the wires looks like it can come off, but I don't see how?
    Turning the motor by hand I can hear some dirt in the motor, it needs to be opened up so I can clean it out. Anyone know how? Is it pressed in? It is the stock SC10rs 3300kv motor.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have that motor. You can't take it apart, at least in my experience. A closed endbell and no vents makes the motor company think no maintenance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by collector1231 View Post
    I have that motor. You can't take it apart, at least in my experience. A closed endbell and no vents makes the motor company think no maintenance.
    that's a nice theory....but it doesn't work that way. Even tho the side with the screw holes is up against the trans case, dirt still finds its way in there.

Guess I should start saving for a replacement motor.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yeah, Reedy says nothing about it being servicable; http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...r-bl-motor.pdf

Not much saving to do! An 8.5 or 13.5 motor from Speed Passion on Express RC Hobby is only 39.99.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The end bell on the wire side is likely just pressed in, can't exactly screw it in with the wires there. Try tapping on the motor shaft (pinion side) and see if the end bell will move. You could also try to loosen the end bell by rotating it slightly. To rotate it insert a flat blade screwdriver by the wires, contacting the end bell and give it a tap. Work the end bell back and forth and maybe it'll get loose enough to pop off when you tap the motor shaft.
    Punch Control? I don't need no stinking Punch Control!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sometimes a glue is used for press fit end bells. Could try a little heat to soften it up
    Punch Control? I don't need no stinking Punch Control!