Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 AM
clown6914

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question car won't start

Yea have a car that hasn't been started or ran for almost 3 years. I tried to start it today n it seems like I'm not getting any fire I kw it works BC the controls kick on. The fuel filter isn't clogged BC I'm getting nitro thru it. Do I just need to clean the glow plug or what else need to be done
Old 08-03-2014, 12:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

replace the glowplug, and make sure the glow plug warmer is fully charged.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:56 PM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first, let me make a clarification. the radio has nothing to do with the engine. just because you can steer and the throttle works doesnt mean the engine will. also, you dont clean glow plugs, you replace them. replace the glow plug, use fresh fuel and make sure the ignitor is charged and working, if you can find the factory settings for the carb, you probably want to reset it. from there, pretty much just pull the starter until it starts. remember to use quick, short pulls. long pulls will eventually break the pullstart assembly.