Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Axiel power issue

i have a used wraith running a novak rockstar 35t & ae-2 esc and a 30c 2s lipo. but the truck seems to be turning off under load. but it restarts after a few seconds. this happens even if the lipo is near full charge. the drive train is ok motor has been fully cleaned and it all looks excellent condition/almost new. should i get a BEC. i have tried holding the front wheels to strain the servo a little but the truck doesn't lose power.
    MORE THAN 20 RC CARS AT THE MOMENT. BUT IM CUTTING DOWN HONEST. LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Did you get the battery with the used truck? If so, I'd say it's the battery. When Lipos get old, they will behave like they are not charged, or partially charged. It'll run a few minutes maybe, then it acts like the LVC is cutting in, then a half lap later, full power again, and a lap later the power drops again. This is the sign that the lipo battery is at the end of it's life and needs to be replaced. I am told that placing the pack in a coffee can of salt water for a few days will neutralize the chemistry and make it safe for disposal.
    Just a schmoe....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Do you have a way to verify the voltage? This could help to more accurately assess the battery's condition.

Something else that comes to mind is the motor, specifically the brush's and commutator. Is the motor getting very hot to the touch? My theory is that the motor is worn or wearing out or the armature windings could be damaged too causing excess resistance. This can make an ESC thermal out or shutdown from an overload. If the brushes and comm don't look like they have a deep groove cut into them then cleaning with an electrical cleaner could help here. It's hard to say without being able to see the truck in person.

Have you verified that the drive train rolls freely? Did you remove the pinion gear and push the truck by hand? If not, try that to feel for tight spots in the drive train. Hold the truck in the air and rotate each tire and try to feel the wheel bearings at each corner. Frozen bearings can cause problems too.
    Part-time RC Mechanic
    RDD Raceway Hobby Shop / Madera, CA
    Slot Cars - RC - Models - Toys

EXO Terra | SC10 4x4 | DESC210R | SCX10 Rubicon | SCX10 Honcho | Savage Flux HP | RC10 Graphite | RC10GT2 | Sakura S Zero | Vaterra Kemora | Losi Micro T | ECX Torment | Blade 500 3D | Blade MCPx | Blade QX2 350 (coming soon) | Flyzone Cessna Corvalis | HeliMax 1SQ Vcam | Estes Proto X

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    after checking everything. it was the lipo which is strange as it was fine on my traxxas 2wd stampede. i even tried a lipo buzzer on the wraith and that didn't even beep to show low power. so that is why i was thinking the lipo was fine.
    MORE THAN 20 RC CARS AT THE MOMENT. BUT IM CUTTING DOWN HONEST. LOL