Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Stock needle settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Ala Sarchel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock needle settings

Hi, I hope this finds you well , my question is what are stock needle settings for HSP 1/10 nitro rc truck .18vx engine ??? Kind Regards
Old 11-03-2014, 12:07 PM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by Ala Sarchel
Hi, I hope this finds you well , my question is what are stock needle settings for HSP 1/10 nitro rc truck .18vx engine ??? Kind Regards
Sorry,I dont have that specific engine,however,I have several different brand size 18's,some carbs vary in needle size.
You can hang around a while,someone may have your answer.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Ala Sarchel

ok bro.

Last edited by Ala Sarchel; 11-03-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:21 PM
cbaker65

ok bro.
Some of those engines dont have very much turns out from closed.For example,my ae 28 high needle was only
2 1/2 to 2 3/4 turns out,which was tuned.The smaller engines are almost no more than 2 turns out from closed.
Depending on the brand engine ofcoarce.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Ala Sarchel

2 turn or 2 1/2 ???? is that for HSN or LSN or both ??? my engine is .18 vx
Old 11-03-2014, 12:34 PM
cbaker65

2 turn or 2 1/2 ???? is that for HSN or LSN or both ??? my engine is .18 vx
Yea, on the HSN,not sure how many would be on the LSN.I think my Os cvr 18 is 1 3/4 turn out.
Im on my lunch break now,but If you dont get the right specs by the time I get off work.
I can check out my engines.
I have the Os,an Ofna 18,an the Ae 18 engine that I can give the specs on those,but elevation an cold temps
will very on your location.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Ala Sarchel

ok bro.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:02 PM
cbaker65

ok bro.
I just read in the forum on another thread.They said your engine is set at 3 1/2 hsn,lsn is is flush with collar.

Thats factory,so that would be filthy rich on the hsn.So you can lean that in at atleast to 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 turn,just watch
the heat of the engine,I always do by feel an alittle spit.If it sizzles spit,then its too hot,just richin it up a 1/4 turn.

The Lsn,is a transition from idle to full throttle.Thats best adjusted when engine is warmed up an running.Just stab
your throttle an if your engine hesitates or dies,then it needs adjusted.Not sure which way,but you will figure it out.
Only turn in 1/8 incriments.Untill you get a smooth transition from idle to full throttle.

If your engine is old,then your needle o-rings could be sloppy an leaking causing bad tune.I use syliglide lube to coat
& seal them.It helps the tune on old worn o-rings on the needles.
Also,its a good idea to find bottom dead center of your piston,meaning the piston be down out of the top of the cylinder
sleeve,when you do,put a mark on the flywheel,an side of the block.I just put a mark on the flywheel up toward the carb.
When you quit running the engine,rotate the flywheel by hand in that position.By doing this,you will prolong the life of
your engine.This allows the sleeve to cool down an retract to its normal state with out the piston up inside of it.It will
save your compression...
Old 11-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Ala Sarchel

thank u so much bro. i really appreciate that
Old 11-04-2014, 06:38 AM
cbaker65

thank u so much bro. i really appreciate that
That Lsn probably needs to be richened a bit if you lean the Hsn,I think thats why the engine has to be
warmed up,an after you tune the Hsn.Because when you lean the hsn,then the lsn starves.