Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Helpppppppp!!! Tt01 gear setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Cam-rc1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helpppppppp!!! Tt01 gear setup

Hi all new pinion and spur gears just come. Trying to run a 58t and a 23t but if I move the motor into the 'b' holes as it says on instructions the spur and pinion gears don't meet (no drive) but if I put it back to 'a' holes it does. Any ideas???????
Old 11-06-2014, 01:45 PM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by Cam-rc1990
Hi all new pinion and spur gears just come. Trying to run a 58t and a 23t but if I move the motor into the 'b' holes as it says on instructions the spur and pinion gears don't meet (no drive) but if I put it back to 'a' holes it does. Any ideas???????
I dont own one.But I will rang in until someone else does that can give you better advise.

It seems that if they work in your a spot,then it should be ok.But you do have to be careful with the gear mesh.
You cant have the mesh too loose or too tight.If thats an issue,then go 1 tooth size smaller on the pinion gear...
Old 11-07-2014, 09:29 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

question are you using tamiya gears?
Only ask cause tamiya uses a weird pitch (think its mod.7 or something), and if you are using some other brands gears that can mount up unless they are the same pitch the physical gear could be smaller.
In the past I've bought pinions from other companies that were claimed to work with Tamiya's just to find they were the wrong pitch, and did something similar to what you are experiencing
Old 11-07-2014, 05:46 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

Or possibly a .06mod. Tamiya uses 3 or 4 different pitchs through out their model line. There is a list of all models and their corresponding gear pitch on the Tamiya forum somewhere. Get a steel one as well. Last longer.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Cam-rc1990

Thanks for the replies guys, I got the gears from Asiatees they are 3racing gears... http://www.asiatees.com/display?Tami...id=43130&pid=1

So do you think if I order proper tamiya spur gears it may cure it?? Also where can I order them from.

Thanks again
Old 11-08-2014, 01:54 PM
cumquat

for pinions, i like robinson racing. they make some called "metric" in lieu of an actual pitch which are a perfect fit for the df02 (effectively a tt01 with longer suspension arms).
Old 11-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like the others said Tamiya uses a weird pitch on their gears, mod.6 I believe. The spur will seem to mesh fine with mod.8 or 32 pitch pinions but if you compare to a Tamiya the teeth of the gear are taller. It wouldn't be much of an issue if it wasn't for the preset positions of the motor mount. When none of my spare pinions fit I succumbed and bought Tamiya pinions for my TT01. I wasn't thrilled they were aluminum and they look soft but after using them I have nothing bad to report.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:00 PM
cumquat

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
Like the others said Tamiya uses a weird pitch on their gears, mod.6 I believe. The spur will seem to mesh fine with mod.8 or 32 pitch pinions but if you compare to a Tamiya the teeth of the gear are taller. It wouldn't be much of an issue if it wasn't for the preset positions of the motor mount. When none of my spare pinions fit I succumbed and bought Tamiya pinions for my TT01. I wasn't thrilled they were aluminum and they look soft but after using them I have nothing bad to report.
you mean 48 pitch
Old 11-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Cam-rc1990

Ok guys thanks for that, I will get on and order them. Shall I get the pinion and spur gears or just the pinion gears.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:40 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
yea its .6 just looked it up (been ages since I tinkered with my tamiyas gearing)

Robinson Racing makes a hardened steel .6 mod pinions that works great as that is what I use cause Tamiya gears are made out of some soft ass aluminum that over time I found wears away and makes the teeth sharp(can't think of a better way to describe it)