Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Brushed racing stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 10:46 AM
evanspa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushed racing stuff?

I have a lot of brushed motor stuff from back when I raced paved oval 5 years ago.
I have lathes, motors, brushes etc. 64 pitch pinions and stuff, I also have a KSG XCS and anAssociated L3. all is non lipo stuff
Is there stil a call for this stuff?
Old 11-21-2014, 03:51 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If everything is in good shape... yes there is a demand for most of that stuff you listed. I'm not sure about the lathes.
Is the Associated a RC10L3 or RC12L3? I don't follow that side of the racing scene too much. But people are always looking for project cars or parts.
I haven't used a brushed motor since around 2007. RTRs are still being released with brushed motors on the off road side of things. I don't know why, but they are.

Are you looking to dump your stuff and move on, or get those cars running again?
Old 11-21-2014, 04:56 PM
evanspa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything is in pretty good shape. some of the robinson pinions are still in package unused. The pan car is the RC10L3
Yea I think I'll list it and see what happens. There just isn't any paved oval around me an I have been flying mostly
Old 11-22-2014, 10:08 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

seems like at my LHS they race brushed pan cars still.

For me, when I had pretty much switched all of my stuff to brushless and lipo, I found a needy kid and gave him most of my brushed stuff. For kids that have nothing, a bunch of 25mph brushed motors and old nimh batteries is better than nothing. Same goes for my old FM radios. You could get a little bit for that stuff on ebay, but after shipping costs, ebay fees and the hassle, it may not be worth it.